Official Review: The Bigfoot Paradox by Rebecca Coyte

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Re: Official Review: The Bigfoot Paradox by Rebecca Coyte

Post by kwahu »

I know kids will be curious to meet Mr. Bigfoot and analyze him. The book sounds fun for both children and adults apart from the part of getting away with serious crimes which would be a bad lesson to the young.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Great review! This appears to be a very interesting and entertaining story and I can imagine both kids and adults enjoying this one. There's a mix of different characters and it's such a good idea to base the book around a being that many people know of and recognise.
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

Interesting array of characters. Thanks for an in-depth review.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

Thanks for such an informative and insightful review, gali. An adventure where friendship and compassion is imbibed. This will be a great read for readers having an eye for humanity and compassion for other species as well. I am definitely going to pick it up for its out of the way concept. And for the part where someone gets away with a crime, I believe the author must have taken care of the person in next part of the series.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

I've always loved Bigfoot stories and tales. This children's book is a must for me. Thanks for the free copy. Is great to have books for children's that covers themes like friendship, human nature, right and wrong, and respecting other species. In this case a Bigfoot that is laid back and harmless.
Roujieperez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Roujieperez »

Good day.
Actually, it is my first time to read such a good story though I've read so many stories and tales from a different authors but this "The Bigfoot Paradox by Rebecca Coyte" was the only thing that dragged and attracted me so much. Every moral lessons and the insights of the story really inspires me. Thank you so much for making such a motivating story.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I've never heard of Sasquatch and as a lover of children's book, I'm looking forward this one. It's great that the author touches on themes of friendships and respecting other species. This is very important especially because lots of people display hostility to new or strange things or people. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds interesting. It seems like a fun children's book about Bigfoot. I like that it had nicely developed characters and had everything resolved by the end. Children will enjoy this one. Thanks for your review.
Labzrj
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Labzrj »

:techie-studyingbrown:
The author is so much good in putting and creating the plot in this "paradox of bigfooth". I have so much to say that i cannot figure what i wanted to say that this story has had a lot to learned. It can be easily influence the reader enthusiast . To enter and experience the story behind.. you cannot certainly predict the outcome of this story..thats all..
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

After having read several chapters of The Bigfoot Paradox by Rebecca Coyte, I understand why this is highly recommended for middle-school students and their parents. It's about an intelligent lonely boy who believes that Bigfoots exist and that many live in his hometown which is also believed by many to be the hotbed of the mythical creature. Introverted JT Meeks nurtures the ambition to discover Bigfoots in his Tennessee town, Onion Weeds, to make his mark, win the reward offered by a radio show for discovering the mythical creature and help his family with his prize. While ambitious and eager to do something important, JT is kindhearted and good-natured, wishing that any effort to discover the creature will not lead to its exploitation. Coyte writes JT as smart and perceptive of human character and behavior. His keen thoughts on people who get involved in the search for the Bigfoot are humorous and spot on - from the flamboyant, attention-seeking Bigfoot searcher Billy Matrix, to the hawkish Bigfoot hunter Bob Roberts, to the calm psychic Cara and to the skeptic scientist Stacey. He finds a friend in El Guapo, a sincere believer and advocate for Bigfoot. The story is well-paced and well-written, giving JT a realistic voice as a boy in his early teens. The reader would like to know how JT's search for the Bigfoot turns out. Reviewer gali captures the spirit of the book and gives it the thumbs up it deserves.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I agree that the story does get too slow. Despite it being a short read, it took me a while to finish because I kept putting the book down after a few pages. Otherwise, it was well written and I appreciate the values that it instills to younger readers (minus the serious crime). I don't know much about bigfoots, aside from them being giant, hairy beings so The Bigfoot Paradox was insightful to me.
SP33DY+H33DY+R3ADY
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by SP33DY+H33DY+R3ADY »

In my opinion, this novel was created so as to remind the reader of one's inherent introvertial direction of nature as an approach to life. It describes how different people around the life of the protagonist boy J.T, have chosen different paths in life and are successful and the direction in life chosen by J.T so as to seek the legend and myth of 'Bigfoot' based on his own intuition. Contrary to the various different methods that other inhabitants of the vicinity adopted or hoped that would bring them success in finding the Bigfoot so as to earn themselves a prize reward, J.T knew that he had to befriend them first and learn their ways. It is a story about J.T growing up and discovering himself and learning more about the world. Very interesting read. Read the free sample, hope to read the book someday and learn from the necessary values.

Return to “Children's Books”