Wait Till Helen Comes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Listening_Thistle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Wait Till Helen Comes

Post by Listening_Thistle »

Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn, is a very well written novel about family love. In the book, Molly learns to worry about and love her step sister, Heather, who she originally hated, and who hated her back. In the beginning, it is announced that the family was going to move into a church. There, they find out about a graveyard on there property, Molly is frightened of the graves for no rational reason, and Heather makes a grand discovery. Throughout the book, Molly begins to believe in Helen, Heather's ghost friend. She is only further convinced when Helen eventually comes, like Heather said she would. This book is very lovable and is a great story for children with siblings everywhere.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

This was one of my favorite scary stories when I was a kid. I must have read this book ten times. Haven't thought of it in years, but I'm pretty sure I have it packed away somewhere. I'm going to have to go dig it out.

Return to “Children's Books”