Review of Pumpy & Pumpina

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Breathe with Ease by Elena Coray

Review of Pumpy & Pumpina

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pumpy & Pumpina" by Dr. Moran Sciamama-Saghiv.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered if your heart speaks and yearns that you listen? I have come across one of the most educating children's books in history. The author, Moran Sciamama-Saghiv, revealed the daily company that we have but never realize.

Here, we meet James and his heart Pumpy (Pumpy is James' heart) and then we also meet Mary and her heart. We are shown how their hearts eat with them and have a good time with them. Pumpy and Pumpina were seen having mood swings each time they see James and Mary having similar experiences respectfully. There were other experiences that Pumpy and Pumpina had with James and Mary.

The book, Pumpy & Pumpina, revealed several healthy lessons that would help children learn more about their bodies in the early stages of their lives. The book communicated a lot of helpful health values. I hope my kids will take hold of the book and learn some of these values.

What I love most about the book was that the author personified the human heart. The author seeks to reveal to us through this personification some unhealthy and healthy actions one should take. For example, we find out how excited Pumpy is when James eats healthy food. This reflects the reality of our hearts. After reading this children's book, we will develop the consciousness that we must always consider this vital organ in our body called the heart. This book revealed certain exercises that make the heart happy. One of them is regular checks on it.

I have nothing negative to say about this book. It was exceptionally well edited. There weren't any notable errors. It was also well-illustrated for children. I will recommend it to children who are curious to know what happens in their organs, especially their hearts. Due to the book's perfection, I will rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

Pumpy & Pumpina
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Rica Concepcion »

Parents should get this book; it is a good investment and educational for the kids. Kudos to the author for bringing in this content for kids. Overall, the review is comprehensive and detailed. Superb! 
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The feedback on the review for "Pumpy & Pumpina" by Moran Sciamama-Saghiv acknowledges the author's skill in creating an educational children's book that focuses on the importance of the human heart. The personification of the hearts, Pumpy and Pumpina, adds an engaging and relatable element to the story, allowing children to learn valuable health lessons while enjoying the narrative. The review highlights the positive aspects of the book, including its helpful health values and well-executed editing and illustrations. The reviewer expresses a personal connection to the book's message and plans to share it with their own children. The overall rating of 5 out of 5 stars indicates the reviewer's strong endorsement and satisfaction with the book.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
cesarzambrano
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cesarzambrano »

The book provides children with an introduction to the important roles their hearts plays into their daily lives. My son found "Pumpy & Pumpina" very enjoyable, and often finds himself relating to the characters in the story. The story, illustrations, and personalities layed-out the framework for sharing relatable experiences, allowing us to continually reference the valuable health lessons delivered by the author through the many characters, most notably Pumpy and Pumpina.

Undeniably 5 out of 5 star rating.
Last edited by cesarzambrano on 18 Jul 2023, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Seetha E »

The book appears to gently explain the importance of the heart by treating it as another being in itself. This is such a nice way to present healthy living at a tender age. Nice book and pleasing review.

Return to “Children's Books”