Review of Princess Ella and the Great Squirrel Chase

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of Princess Ella and the Great Squirrel Chase

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Princess Ella and the Great Squirrel Chase" by Ken Waldecker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Two things especially thrill Princess Ella: riding on a swing and licking a lollipop. So, when her father, the king, returns home and gifts her a sucker, she just has to adventure into the remaining one of the pair that make her world. While at the playground having a great time, something got out of control. She implores the assistance of a squirrel, but that only makes things complicated. There are surprises in the following "hide and seek."

This story just cheered me up and got me out of some stressful situations. I would say the gripping narration and the vivid illustrations of Mr Squirrel's personality did the magic, especially the scenes on pages sixteen and seventeen. I am glad to have come across this book.

The story is concise and perfectly blended with high-end illustrations, exactly as a children's story should be. This was what I liked the most. Some children may find it difficult to choose which is their favourite: the gripping, concise narration or the amazingly saturated drawings. The word choices are simple. Also, the story began with an engaging generic introduction, "Once upon a time."

A little suspense and conflict slowly creep into the storyline as Princess Ella tries to recover her sucker. In addition, there are some lessons to learn from the story, especially from Princess Ella's eventual view of the whole incident and her disposition to create a friendship out of what would have been labelled an enemy. Furthermore, this book was thoroughly edited.

I didn't dislike anything in this book, and based on the aforementioned positive aspects, I rate it five out of five stars. Princess Ella and the Great Squirrel Chase, written by Ken Waldecker, is recommended to readers aged three to eight. This is the first book in the Princess Ella series. I enjoyed reading this first outing and hope to read subsequent books in the series.

Princess Ella and the Great Squirrel Chase
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

Are there any other lessons to be learned from the book? I know children's books hold so much knowledge, even more than our adult books so maybe I'm hoping this one is one of those books. I enjoy them more.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Artificial Intelligence Simplified by Denise Rane
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

I've taken it upon myself to read children's reviews every time I'm on the forums, and I'm proud to say that most that I've read are from you. I can tell how enthusiastic you are about children's books. Specifically about this book, Princess Ella's adventure seems interesting, but I would love to know more about the story to learn about its impact on children. I love lollipops too and I love the cover illustration of the book.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Mustafa Macit
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mustafa Macit »

Children's books are a subject that many people do not care about. In fact, they can sometimes be more important than adult books. They are very valuable and valuable with their content and the age group they appeal to.
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana_5 »

Princess Ella get a gift of father 🎁 Gift is a snucker and she without control go on in avantyre why with assistance. This is a novols for children but is goog for people who never grow up. She believes on her road and necer give up. I recommend everyone why like a read a avantyre children story.
Rana KHUBAIB

Post by Rana KHUBAIB »

Its a best book for children in which princess ella had a great adventure and tell us that how your annoyance turn into fun. It is a great and interesting story with good moral lesson.
ArunaPmagar
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunapmagar.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by ArunaPmagar »

Children book are so simple yet giving best lessons and moral . I’m really eager to know what lesson can we get from this book

Return to “Children's Books”