Review of The Ladybug's Gift

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of The Ladybug's Gift

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Ladybug's Gift" by Chris and Ryan Richie.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children will enjoy reading Chris and Ryan Richie's novel, which is titled The Ladybug's Gift. This heartwarming story is based on an event that actually occurred, in which three children received a visit from a ladybug one day after the funeral for their mother.

The protagonist of this novel is a ladybug, and you read the book from her point of view. The reader is also reminded during the course of this book that love is the most precious present. In addition, this book is written in brief lines, which helps to keep the attention of younger readers. The illustrations were also wonderful, and I am certain that they would capture the interest of both youngsters and adults. A poem is included at the beginning of the book, and another is included at the very end. After the story, the reader will also have the opportunity to learn about the author's mother, who passed away in 2015.

I thought it was brilliant how the authors incorporated a real-life story into a novel for children, and I enjoyed the message that it conveyed. I also really liked the illustrations, and I thought it was really sweet that the authors took the time to introduce her friends before the narrative began. It was interesting how the author gave each bug its own gift to represent them.

I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. There was not a single aspect of it that I did not like. I think the moral of the novel is something that would be beneficial for my kid to learn when he is older, and I hope that he would find solace in the book in the event that I were to pass away. In addition, I enjoyed the illustrations and poems that were included in the book. The fact that I only noticed one mistake leads me to believe the book was edited professionally.

I would recommend this book to children, and I also believe that adults who are grieving the loss of their mother might find consolation in this book as well. This book has a few references to God, and as a result, I believe that Christians would benefit most from reading it.

The Ladybug's Gift
View: on Bookshelves
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and detailed review Your review was heartwarming and informative, and I appreciate how you discussed the different aspects of the book that you enjoyed, such as the perspective of the ladybug protagonist, the beautiful illustrations, and the touching poem at the beginning and end. It's great to know that the authors were able to incorporate a real-life story into a children's book in a way that conveys an important message. It's wonderful to hear that the book was well-edited and error-free, which adds to its appeal. Your review convinces me that "The Ladybug's Gift" would be worth reading, and I am excited to share my thoughts in my own review. Thank you for your exceptional review, and I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Indeed, love is the most precious present. The real-life experiences of the author that was an inspiration for this lovely book are what I'm looking forward to. Thank you for your wonderful review, Christell!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Children's Books”