The Magic Treehouse Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
torilane
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-torilane.html

The Magic Treehouse Series

Post by torilane »

I want to start by saying that I don't have children and haven't been a child myself for a while now but these were always my favorite books in elementary school. This is a large series of books telling the adventures of two kids who take their magic tree house all over the world, time traveling as far back as prehistoric times. The stories teach just a bit about the times that the kids visit without being at all boring. They are novels, but quick reads, and lots of fun for little ones. I am now a college student and still have my Magic Treehouse books. I intend to hang onto these kids' classics for my own kids. (:
Booma

Post by Booma »

I like the series too and I think that they were made into an animation Movie.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

They are very cool stories and are quite engaging. Books like these just show how much of a little kid we can keep in our hearts no matter how old we get! :D
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
SeasonOfOpportunity
Currently Reading: Chasing Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by SeasonOfOpportunity »

My children really enjoy this series. I enjoyed reading it to them. I like that they get a bit of history along with some fun adventure.
book-of-mermaphants

Post by book-of-mermaphants »

This series is definitely something I want to raise my children on. In elementary school, I was practically raised on this series, and not only is it very entertaining, but also educational and inspiring. Definitely a must-read for kid.
Maybeitsso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Maybeitsso »

These were my "go to" as a kid. I would read these when I needed a fun read for the night or weekend. I could relate to these books the instant I picked them up. Rarely did I ever put them down till I finished the book I was reading. I usually checked them out from the library by the arm full. To this day I have bought them as I found them in second hand stores to save them for my kids. So far I've gotten a nice collection of them on the shelf and I pick them up between my longer books. My oldest enjoys them for her bed time stories.
anonanemone
Favorite Author: So many...
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 24">Tinder Stricken</a>
Currently Reading: Outland Exile
Bookshelf Size: 901
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonanemone.html
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by anonanemone »

I decided to check this series out based on the good things that people have had to say about it on OBC. My five year old has really been enjoying this series and I must say that it's a relief as a parent that the chapters are short. It makes it much easier to either do a quick chapter read before bed or let him enjoy a few chapters at once. There are just enough illustrations too :) Thanks for the tip guys!

-- 15 Dec 2015, 14:27 --

Does anyone have any particular favorites in the series?
The world lives between those who say it cannot be done and those who say that it can. And in my experience, those who say that it can be done are usually telling the truth. --Lord Vetinari (Discworld, Raising Steam)
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
Gweston

Post by Gweston »

I am always looking for great series for my boys. They are still young but they love to read
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

My brother loves these books, and I loved them when I was his age. Does anyone else here really like the Merlin Missions (the latest sets of books)?
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

This was one of my favorite series as a kid, and to be honest, I actually still enjoy reading them. I haven't read them since I was kid so I thought I would give them another shot and I have been enjoying them just as much as I did when I was little. So far I have read Dinosaurs at Dark, Knights at Dawn, and Afternoon on the Amazon. They are fun to just pick up and read because they are so quick and I can finish one in an hour. I don't think readers can really get tired of their favorite children's books, no matter how hard they try.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

I honestly never read these as a kid, but my son absolutely loves them.
Veganmama93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Veganmama93 »

I absolutely adored these books growing up. I want to get the entire series for my kids. They’re a little young for them now but I hope they love them as much as I do when they get a bit older.

Return to “Children's Books”