What was your favorite bedtime story?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Qittie
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qittie.html

Re: What was your favorite bedtime story?

Post by Qittie »

I always read the same book and still do now since it is the only book I had since I was a kid. All my other books had gone missing or got sold. The book is called "A Hole In Her Pocket and Other Stories" by Grid Blyton. It contains more than one story which are educational and is a good book to teach kids on how to stay humble and not selfish. My favorite story among all the 12 stories from the book was "A Hole In her Pocket" where the little girl never listens to her mother when she told her to sew the hole found in her pocket. She kept on losing things whenever she put stuff inside her pocket and goes out. She then learnt her lesson and sewed her pocket in the end.
reading-is-awesome
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-is-awesome.html

Post by reading-is-awesome »

My favorite bed time story was The Emperors New Clothes (not sure who the author is). I love the lesson in the story about how you have to be careful about who you trust and be aware of your surroundings
Rmwtew23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rmwtew23.html

Post by Rmwtew23 »

Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs was my favorite when I was younger. Then Baby Island became my favorite as I grew.
oreocookie1000
Currently Reading: The lightning theif
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreocookie1000.html

Post by oreocookie1000 »

I loved good night moon , I actually still have it for old times sake , I found the book really calming and I loved reading as a little kid so I would continuously read it over and over again.
NotNowImReading
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-notnowimreading.html

Post by NotNowImReading »

My favorite bedtime stories are Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back. Dr. Seuss was a master at rhythm and timing and I especially love his use of made-up nonsense words. They make my daughter giggle and that makes it fun for me to read.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

When I was litle, we used to have a giant book of classic children's stories. My dad would always read one to us before we went to bed at night. My favorite was always Rumplestiltskin! When he asked which story we wanted to hear, that was always my answer. Although, now that I'm older, it doesn't exactly seem like the best bedtime story!
jedodds

Post by jedodds »

My favorite book as a kid was The Little Engine That Could. A few years ago Scholastic had a large hardcover edition of this book. I cherish reading this book with my own children. It sends a timeless message about how determination is can get you far. Through believing in himself, the Little Engine That Could accomplished more than the big strong engines. A powerful message to send today's children. I often read this to my students. We talk about how excercising your "try muscle" can get you far in life. :techie-studyingbrown:
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

As a child my favorite bedtime story was The Lion's Haircut by Jennifer Giddings. It's long out of print, but my father used to read it to me every night and really holds a special meaning to me.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Dula
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dula.html

Post by Dula »

When I was a child my favorite bedtime story was "The Enchanted Wood" by Enid Blyton. Every night before sleep I use to read few pages of it.
nitebyrd44
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nitebyrd44.html
Latest Review: "Raw Food Diet For Beginners" by Ross Contreras

Post by nitebyrd44 »

When I was a child my parents had a book called The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes.....It had a lot of the Bible stories I had heard in Sunday School and each store was one page only. The pictures were very impressive as well. I remember my dad reading this book over and over to us. I began to memorize some of the stories so I could read them myself!

nitebyrd44
Latest Review: "Raw Food Diet For Beginners" by Ross Contreras
AbbyFinco
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyfinco.html

Post by AbbyFinco »

I loved My favorite foodles. There were stories and rhymes in this book. My favorite rhyme was aken drum. I am not sure how to spell the first name. My favorite story was the turnip.
erica_bvs
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 668">Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince</a>
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-bvs.html

Post by erica_bvs »

I liked the dr. Seuss books the most. Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish were my favorite. The rhymes made me feel happy before bed.
Cowabunga18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowabunga18.html

Post by Cowabunga18 »

I loved rainbow fish and Dr. Seuss books. Now I know that his books have meaning and are great for kids.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Uncle Wiggily
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I had an old book when I was young, and I remember it was completely falling apart. It was called Caps for Sale although I have no idea who the author is. I would love to find that one again for my son. I'm not sure what I liked so much about it, but it was the only one I would request.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Children's Books”