Review of Teddy the Chef

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of Teddy the Chef

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Teddy the Chef" by Tiffany Bryant.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children will enjoy reading Tiffany Bryant's book, which is titled Two Stories About Teddy the Chef. The protagonist of this book is a dog by the name of Teddy, and he has a passion for cooking. In the first part of this book, Teddy bids farewell to his sister. In the second part, he finds a new place to call home.

I believe the author made the right decision in selecting this animal for the story. Everyone adores a little dog, and if he's also a good cook, that's just icing on the cake. The illustrations were endearing and just what was needed to hold a child's attention. This book educates children on the benefits of dog adoption as well as the fact that it is sometimes beneficial for a dog to have a playmate.

The fact that the main character is a puppy who can also cook was something that really stood out to me in this book. In spite of the fact that he was feeling down, Teddy never stopped making an effort to cheer up his sister by cooking treats for her. I liked how wholesome the stories are and how likable all of the characters are in this book. Reading about Teddy, who is such a helpful and caring character, will send the right message to your child, which is something I really liked about the book.

Because it is such a wonderful and inviting story, I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. The illustrations contributed to the overall excellence of the book. There was not a single aspect of the book that I found unappealing. It was not difficult to comprehend, and reading it made for an exciting experience. The book was clearly edited by a professional because I only found one mistake.

Children who have a soft spot in their hearts for furry friends will enjoy reading this book. I also think that kids who are interested in cooking would also enjoy reading this book.

Teddy the Chef
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I love that this children's story has an imaginative flair, allowing us to pretend Teddy is a puppy who can cook. Not all children's books have to have profound and educational meanings. This one sounds like fun, coupled with excellent illustrations.
Victor Ayub Migos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

Anyone with kids should definitely add it to their library sounds like an amazing read.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

It's good that Teddy finds a place he calls home. Besides, he loves cooking, and that sounds amazing to read what's all his recipes. Your review is wonderful.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Children's Books”