Review of My Father's Smile

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of My Father's Smile

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Father's Smile" by Eva Fogel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My Father's Smile by Eva Fogel is a children's book that tells the story of Jonathan. Jonathan was a five-year-old kid. His birthday was coming up soon, and he was preparing for it. He invited all his friends from kindergarten, and they all confirmed coming. His family members were coming, too. He was very excited and kept thinking of the presents he'd receive. One day, he was at school playing with his friend. Suddenly, his aunt showed up. He could immediately feel something was wrong, and he was right about that. That day changed his life forever. You can pick up the book to learn more about this unfortunate event and how he handled it.

Everything about this book is beautiful. The illustrations are amazing. They reflect the state of sadness that the book discusses. I like that the book can be used to help children get over their sadness. It also helps them understand their feelings. It gives them hope that everything can be okay.

There is nothing to hate about the book. Of course, it's sad to see a child going through a loss, but it's a stage of life and an important issue to be addressed. I would have wanted to see more about how Jonathan handles his sadness and what he can do to overcome this difficult stage. I would have also liked to see him talking to his mom about his feelings to teach the children to express themselves.

The book discusses an important topic and offers help to parents and children. In addition, it was perfectly edited. I didn't find any errors in the book. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to parents who are having a hard situation with their children due to going through a hardship in life. This can help you walk through this together. It can help children feel like they are not alone.

My Father's Smile
View: on Bookshelves
Aredunmola Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Aredunmola Joshua »

This is a wonderful book that I believe captures children’s attention. I believe children will learn something meaningful as well as get entertained, informed and educated through this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

From the review, I could already gather that Jonathan lost a loved one. How sad! But I trust this book teaches kids how to process the death of a loved one. Great review!
Natasha Kim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Natasha Kim »

This book is emotional yet encouraging. Would love to know how Jonathan processed the loss of a loved one as a little child. How sad! Thanks for your review.

Return to “Children's Books”