Review of The Vampire's Missing Cape

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of The Vampire's Missing Cape

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Vampire's Missing Cape" by Steve Stables.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Vampire's Missing Cape by Steve Stables is a children's book that tells the story of a vampire who went out of his cave. One night he was wandering when he found a bright place that he liked. He decided to go and discover that place. There were people inside, and the vibe was great. There was music and dancing. He felt happy and joined them. He started dancing until it was too hot. He decided to take a break and take off his cape. He put it on a table and went to take a breath. After sometime, he felt cold and went back to get his cape. What happened when he got back to his cape, and how did he deal with it? You can know this when you grab The Vampire's Missing Cape by Steve Stables.

The thing I enjoyed a lot about this story was the rhyming theme the author used. As an adult, I still find this funny and appealing. I'm sure it would have a much bigger effect on children. The illustrations are colorful and funny. They would be catchy for kids.

There is nothing to hate about this book. The sense of humor in the story made it enjoyable. Also, the writer did a clever thing by putting repetitive photos of animals and asking the children to count them to see if they could match his numbers and find them all. This is interesting and would guarantee the child's engagement.

The story was fun and had good values. The book was exceptionally well-edited. I couldn't find any errors going through its pages. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to parents who have little children and want to share with them a funny rhyming story with a moral in it.

The Vampire's Missing Cape
View: on Bookshelves
marwan-mohamed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by marwan-mohamed »

I find this book as a lovely choice for children. Vampires are interesting. It's a good thing to teach them something too.

Return to “Children's Books”