Review of Christmas Land

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of Christmas Land

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christmas Land" by Amber & Davina Bernardi-Kim.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Davina fell asleep one night while holding onto her grandmother's necklace. She woke up to find herself next to a gingerbread woman waving at her. The air smelled like peppermint sticks, and there was a cupcake decorating party outdoors. She thought she was dreaming, but she then realized she was in the Christmas Land that her mom always told her about. However, things were different. You can figure out what happened and what Davina did to change it when you pick up Christmas Land by Amber & Davina Bernardi-Kim.

I liked this story even before reading it. I knew it was a joint effort between a mom and her five-year-old daughter, and I found it so sweet. Sweet is the feeling that accompanied me through reading this book. I can't get over how beautiful the colors of the illustrations were. They were so strong and radiant. I like that the story is amusing and has something for the children to learn. I like how Davina took the lead and was positive. She decided to rescue Christmas Land when she found it that way. She didn't spend her time complaining; instead, she searched for a solution. I like how she remembered what her mother told her and used it in tough times. Moreover, I like that she could use her mind, not the weapons, to conquer the evil knight.

I can't say I hated anything about this sweet book. It may be that the detail of a little girl arranging a meeting over tea with the knight wasn't perfect for me, but it didn't make me enjoy the story less.

I gladly rate this book five out of five stars. It's as enjoyable as a children's book should be, and I didn't come across any errors going through its pages. The book was exceptionally well-edited.

I recommend the book to children who can read. I also recommend it to parents who would like to read a sweet story to their children.

Christmas Land
View: on Bookshelves
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Pendulum Charts Contact Your Angelic Team by Raven Shamballa

Post by Michael Valentine »

I wonder what the Christmas land felt and looked like. I would definitely read this book to find out. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Madsaad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Madsaad »

Sometime dreams come true
Niroshani Gunarathne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Niroshani Gunarathne »

I recommend this sweet story book for kids & also to their parents and teachers. This will be more interesting to them.
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

I will add this book to my shelf because I am excited to read more about Christmas land. Great review.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

Was the Christmas land a reality or a dream, I want to find out. This is a well thought out review, well done.

Return to “Children's Books”