Review of Super Catz

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Review of Super Catz

Post by Itz Savaga »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Super Catz" by Skyler M. Wesley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Super Catz by Skyler M. Wesley is a concise story about seven super cats living in a city called Harmonyville. They each possess a different superpower which they use to help people, especially children who they perceive to be in need, and to save the world at large from very negative situations. The cats are Ruby, Macy, Snow, Liberty, Moon Light, Glow, and Sunflower.

Macy, the water cat, saved Ben and Charolotte from burning down their parents’ house by putting out the fire from the rocket firework they lit and threw into a nearby bush. Moon Light used her superpower to make the moon shine so bright at night so as to drive fear away from Tucker, who was scared of death. Snow also used her superpower to scare away a tornado from children at Harmonyville Elementary School. Find out how the other cats in the book used their powers.

I loved that the super cats worked as a team and used their superpowers to help humans in unpleasant situations. That part of the book will inculcate the character of togetherness and team spirit in the children who will come across this book. Also, children will learn to use their unique gifts to help one another and for the greater good of society, just as the cats did. It was a concise, straightforward, and fun read. I would love to read about the villain cat in the second book in this series.

Owing to the concise nature of this book, I expected the editor to do an excellent job at picking out and correcting grammatical errors in it, but I was a bit disappointed. I found a few errors in the book, but I still believe it was professionally edited.

I rate Super Catz by Skyler M. Wesley 5 out of 5 stars because it has everything an excellent children’s book should have, which includes a pictorial representation of characters and scenes, a concise and uncomplicated storyline, and a storyline with a lot of moral lessons embedded in it.

I recommend this book to children between the ages of six and ten. They are definitely the author’s target audience.

Super Catz
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
G D H
Favorite Book: Americanah
Currently Reading: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-d-h.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by G D H »

More than the interesting nature of a story in which seven cats are the heros, what I find to be the most appealing about Super Catz is the inclusion of a pictorial representation of each character right at the end of the book. From the standpoint of a kid, I should be totally seduced by such a triple treat. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

This book seems to be very exciting and it teaches valuable lessons. Perfect for kids. Great review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Kids can learn important lessons from these clever cats. Brilliant review.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

From your review the book is not well executed due to the spelling mistakes. Children's books requires correct spellings so that our young minds are not misled.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I like the idea of helping children use their unique abilities or qualities to help others. I wonder what the superpower of each cat is!
Anncy Laishram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Anncy Laishram »

It seem perfect for the kids. Thankyou for your review.

Return to “Children's Books”