Review of I Respectfully Disagree

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading: After The Bees (Revelation Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: I Respectfully Disagree by J.E. Laufer

Review of I Respectfully Disagree

Post by Helen Akoth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Respectfully Disagree" by J.E. Laufer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I Respectfully Disagree: More Adventures in Gigglyville is a children's book written by J.E. Laufer and illustrated by Lauren Ackerman. This book explores the "agree to disagree" concept. A part of the Gigglyville series, it continues to feature Arthur Fish, Shrilly, and B.K. (Be Kind) Bear, while introducing Lola the Ladybug and Sam the Square. It's a standalone read, though. The book presents various viewpoints of the characters, and we see that they disagree with each other openly. Other characters are adamant in their opinions and have "my way or the highway" attitudes. They give threats and ultimatums, demanding that their friends agree with them or else!

There were several things I liked about this book. It is a short, quick read; children will not stretch their attention spans to enjoy it. There were two lines (sentences) per page, with some pages having only one sentence and others illustrations only. The lines were also ending in rhymes, giving it a musical quality. The illustrations are also colorful and visually appealing, covering most of the pages. All this makes it ideal for the intended audience—children.

What I liked most was the value this book instills in children. Children will learn how to deal with differences and be aware that having a different opinion is not necessarily bad. They will discover that people can have different viewpoints, find a middle ground, and learn to disagree respectfully.

Overall, I didn't find anything to dislike about this book. There were no errors, meaning it was perfectly edited. Therefore, I am glad to give it the highest score of five out of five stars. I greatly enjoyed it, and I look forward to reading more from the author.

I highly recommend it to children from the age of 3 years onwards. Parents, guardians, and educators will also benefit from the book and use it to explore this theme with the children. I Respectfully Disagree can make a child assertive and confident with their opinions without feeling guilty or necessarily hurting others.

I Respectfully Disagree
View: on Bookshelves
Anil Gupta -
Favorite Book: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Currently Reading: It's All Mental
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-gupta.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by Anil Gupta - »

Adults normally not take anyone's disagreement on their opinion. It's difficult to agree ti disagree in this modern world. I think this lesson is important in childhood to every kid and us adult should also learn from it. You wrote an amazing review.
A great book will speak to the reader! - Anilllll :reading-2:

Return to “Children's Books”