Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Lee Rose
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

R.F. Kristi wrote the children's book Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula: Diary of a Snoopy Cat. This eighth instalment in the Inca Cat Detective series can be read independently.

In South Korea, Missy was chosen to serve as one of the competition's judges for French pastries. She was delighted since she saw this as a chance to promote her distinctive cheese, Lè crème de lè creme. She travelled to the competition with Inca and her other animals, including Solo. Missy found her cheese missing when she got to the Incheon airport. The task of locating the cheese was then placed on Inca and the other animals. A tour guide welcomed them and drove them to his house for the night. The dog of the tour guide made friends with the animals. The reality that the tour guide had been separated from his sister was one that Inca and his furry family had to face. The cat detectives decided to take on the task of reuniting them, even if it was perilous.

The book was instructive since it described the conflict between North and South Korea and showed some of the laws upheld by both. Additionally, it supplied some interesting historical information about the nations. Giving the creatures human feelings was a good concept, in my opinion. This made the novel entertaining and allowed readers to easily relate to it. The book's use of illustrations caught my attention. They were all eye-catching and vivid, which infused the story with greater life. They also enhanced the themes and storylines of each chapter. Finding that the picture of Enzo matched the author's description of him was satisfying. I admired Kristi's writing since it was different and one-of-a-kind. It was applied to the characters to give them a variety of traits and endow them with striking personalities. I respected Missy for her poise and compassion. The fact that the animals intended to cross the border despite being aware of the risks involved piqued my interest. I couldn't wait to learn whether or not they would be successful.

I didn't have any issues with the book in any way. In writing this brief yet intriguing children's book, the author did an amazing job. She employed the appropriate amount of action. It was incredible to learn that every chapter had a unique, interesting story to tell; as a result, the book was never dull.

I'll rate Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula: Diary of a Snoopy Cat five out of five stars. I read it without finding any errors, and as such, it was excellently edited. Every chapter of the book was fascinating and captivating, so I relished reading each one.

Children aged 4 to 12 should read this book, in my opinion. This book will also be enjoyable for those who enjoy action-packed stories with a quick pace.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

Looks like a great book for the little ones. The cat detectives all sound compassionate and loving also brave. I like that the book contains vivid illustrations because they play a huge part in story telling for the kids.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is a children's book written by R.F. Kristi that made so much sense to me. I loved the bravery and courage of Inca and her feline companions. I was eager to read about their exploits. Well done.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

This book is witty and I love how catchy the front cover is. For a children's book I'm sure judging by your review that it'll be a delight to read. Good job on such a detailed review.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

While reading I found out that the central them of this book is love. And this is the basic lessons the audience of this book is meant to take.
Bluecheesebuthees
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bluecheesebuthees »

I don't this think is a book that I would read, but it seems like it's would be enjoyable for kids. Judging from the review I bet the boys and girls would have a ball reading this. Great review.
Bluecheesebuthees
Currently Reading:

I don't this think is a book that I would read, but it seems like it's would be enjoyable for kids. Judging from the review I bet the boys and girls would have a ball reading this. Great review.
Bluecheesebuthees
Currently Reading:

Nerd_Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerd-chris.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Nerd_Chris »

This is one of the most interesting children books I've read. The furry family embarks on another adventure in the Korean Peninsula. Thanks for the well-detailed review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

There's no one that has read this book and didn't love it. It's a children book that teaches you sinethung besides reading a book that's all fun.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

This sounds like an interesting story book, especially for the kids.
They could learn invaluable lessons from it.
I wonder if Missy's lost cheese were eventually found.
Great review!
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

What an interesting children's book! The cats' friendship was an amazing one. They cooperated and ensured that they finished their tasks successfully. I love how the cats helped their mother to complete her tasks for the competition. Kudos for sharing.
New Nikky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-new-nikky.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by New Nikky »

There is nothing as fun as reading this book title cat detective sim the Korean Peninsula. Both for young and old, the book was very interesting and I also enjoyed reading the review you gave of the book. It was good and interesting.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

Although I don't enjoy reading children's books but reading this book was an exception. I enjoyed the adventures and actions of this book. I hope to read more books like this.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

This book seems like a great blend for children. It is educative, there is a representation of human feelings, and the illustrations are catchy. The use of animal characters is also a nice touch; it would appeal to children as well. Your review captured the book well. Nicely done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”