Review of Reece and the Silent Slumber Party

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of Reece and the Silent Slumber Party

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reece and the Silent Slumber Party" by Jonathan J. O'Konek.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It was time for bed, but Recce was not ready to go to bed. She was still engrossed in playing and wanted to keep playing, but Daddy told her that it was time to go to bed. Daddy helped Recce get ready to go to bed, and they raced to her room. Recce did not like being quiet at night, and Daddy offered to host a silent slumber party. Recce was thrilled and excited to have this party. She closed her eyes and counted down from 30. She opened her eyes to see what Daddy had set up. How did this silent slumber party go?

I totally enjoyed reading this book. The father-daughter relationship sparked a lot of lovely memories. This book demonstrated how a father could understand his daughter and share a very special moment with her. It is also worth noting that Recce was very obedient and did not complain when her dad told her to do something. She obeyed first. This goes to show that this book is filled with morals that will help build a child’s mind positively. The storytelling skill of the author is also impressive, as he uses simple words that are easy to understand. I loved how bright and colorful the images were. These images will definitely attract the attention of any child.

There is nothing to hate about this book. It was entertaining, and it also taught morals. The editing was top-notch, and there was not a single error in this book.

This book gets a full rating of five out of five stars from me because of how lovely it was. The storyline of this book was unique and mind-catching, and I am certain that every child will love it.

I recommend this book, Recce and the Silent Slumber Party by Jonathan J. O’Konek, to children between the ages of 3 and 10 years old. Despite the fact that this book is for children, I think parents can also learn to understand their children better by reading this book.

Reece and the Silent Slumber Party
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

Wow, seeing books about how children have special relationships with their parents makes me miss my daddy. This review was fascinating to read. I should probably read the book.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Father's love in the life of every child can not be overemphasis. Recce enjoys his father's company here more than ever. this is all that children need I believe. good review.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

My little cousins will definitely love this book. Your review says it all, there is nothing sweeter than that parent and child relationship either it's father and daughter or mother and son. Thanks for the review
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

The cover is so cute and it caught my attention which means it’ll definitely catch a child’s attention too with its lovely bright colours. The relationship and love between father and daughter sound adorable. It’ll be a good book for both parents and children.
“Just keep swimming.”
Savina Visintin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Savina Visintin »

You wrote a wonderful review about a delightful book. I think children will love it and be positively inspired. Thank you!
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

This would make a perfectly enjoyable read for children. Thanks for an interesting review!
Clara Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clara-tom.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Clara Tom »

This book was lively and I really enjoyed how the author directed all the points in a way that the authors will understand easily. I hope to read this book soon as it was really enjoyable.

Return to “Children's Books”