Review of Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard" by Nicola J Rowley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What would you do if you found an unusual coin on the ground? Would you pick it up and tuck it into your pocket? Or would you leave it on the ground and walk away? Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard by Nicola J Rowley is a book about a young girl who picks up an unusual-looking coin and then goes on a magical adventure.

Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard is a wonderful children’s book about a character named Minty. Minty is a young girl who loves to daydream. She feels very alone every day at school because her friends have gone missing. Minty picks up the coin and soon meets Mug the Wumph, his cat Cupro Blue, and his bird, The Concur Bird.

Mug the Wumph and his sidekicks ask Minty to help them rescue her missing friends from an evil wizard named Grimacant. Minty is the perfect person to help. She doesn’t think she is very special, but she is brave and has learned the importance of trusting your intuition.

I really enjoyed this children’s book. The content felt original, and the characters were well developed. I especially enjoyed the cat, Cupro Blue, because he is smart and charmingly communicative. The evil wizard Grimacant is scary, but his magical powers are evenly matched by Mug the Wumph’s powers and Minty’s intuition.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It was a very well-edited children’s book, and it was fun to read. I would recommend it to any young reader who enjoys books about wizards, magic, and adventures. The message in the book is clear. If you are brave and trust your intuition, you can conquer many challenges. It includes a downloadable PDF that outlines “the top five things your child needs to know to become an effective leader” (page 179).

Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”