Review of The Ant Called Tiny

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Review of The Ant Called Tiny

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Ant Called Tiny" by Miles Phillip Lewis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Miles Phillip Lewis' The Ant Called Tiny is a children's book about an ant who has the desire to know God personally. In a dream, God tells Tiny, the ant, that he has to go on a quest to show everyone that God is coming back for those who believe in Him. As soon as Tiny wakes up, he is ready to fulfill the mission that God has asked him to do. To show the other ants how long eternity is, God sends Tiny on a mission to fill the Grand Canyon with sand by carrying one grain at a time. Thousands and thousands of years pass and Tiny struggles through storms, heat, rain, and snow. When he has completed his task, he returns to the village with the message of his mission. God says that Tiny's absence is only a short amount of time compared to how long eternity will be. When the other ants understood how and why God used Tiny, they, too, started to believe in Him.

Children often have questions about anything and everything. Parents have a hard time finding a clear explanation of things like time, death, or eternity. This book is a lifesaver for parents looking for an engaging and child-friendly way to answer questions about eternity. It is a simple, easy to follow adventure story that kids can understand. The high-quality illustrations will also keep the children's attention and spark their interest.

Since there are only 16 pages to judge upon, there is nothing to dislike about the book. I would like to mention, however, that the author could have elaborated further.

Since I did not find any errors in the text, I assume that this book was exceptionally well-edited. I appreciate that the parable emphasizes that our size or status doesn't matter when we are determined to achieve a goal in life. I think it is crucial to educate children about this from an early age. In addition, I give this book four out of four stars.

The storybook is suitable for children between the ages of five and eight. However, children who enjoy colorful illustrations will also enjoy The Ant Called Tiny.

The Ant Called Tiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

It's unique and useful for parents to teach their children about death and time, as you mentioned. The book's theme is appealing. I enjoyed reading your review.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I would love my 11-year-old to read this. Teaching children about God is difficult enough in today's world, a little help in the forms of a tiny ant would be intriguing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”