Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A competition was set up to promote peace between two countries that are estranged as a result of their shared past. One of the main judges for the South and North Korean cooking competitions was Inca's mother, Missy. She brought some samples with her as she wanted to introduce her new cheese product. She was unfortunate because samples of her new cheese disappeared. Will Inca and her team of detectives track down the cheese that went missing? You'll have to read this book to find out.

In Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula, R. F. Kristi attempts to encourage peace between North and South Korea. It tackles the conflict between the two countries in a playful manner that youngsters can easily grasp.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi happens to be the eighth book in the series, and it tells the gripping story of a group of animals who had to cross into North Korea from South Korea in order to complete a mission. Inca was a hilarious character that I loved so much. I also admired Fromage's audacity. He didn't care what people thought of him.

The language used in this book is simple and appropriate for children. Also, the plot is both engaging and simple to follow. The book gives kids a straightforward, entertaining, and accessible introduction to mature topics. The use of images in the book keeps the children's interest. Actually, the images present in this book were one of the best aspects of the book. It made reading this book fun and enjoyable. Another thing I love about this book is that, despite being part of a series, it can be read as a standalone.

There was absolutely nothing that I disliked about this book. It was exceptionally well edited, as I did not come across any errors till I finished reading it. For the above reasons, I will be rating it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to younger readers from the ages of 8 and upwards. Adult readers who love reading children's books will also enjoy Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

I absolutely loved your review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula! You did a great job summarizing and analyzing the book, and I think your description of the storyline and plot make me want to read it even more. Your insight into the author's writing style and the added pictures were particularly helpful in understanding the book. I am so glad that this book is helping to educate children about different cultures. It sounds like a great read. Thanks for the great review!
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

The eight book in the Inca Cat Detective series being Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is an awesome children's story. The plot is intriguing and compelling incorporating sweet illustrations. I'm elated to pick up a copy of this book
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

The author's use of animals as the main characters in the story is a clever way to engage young readers and keep them interested in the story. The book is a great example of how literature can be used to promote empathy and understanding of different cultures and perspectives.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

This book is an excellent way to introduce children to the concept of teamwork. The members of Inca and Company worked together to solve the mystery, highlighting the importance of collaboration and communication.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

This book sounds like it would be a lot of fun for children to read, and I love the idea of a cat detective agency! I appreciate that the author kept the storyline on course and didn't deviate, making it easy to follow for young readers.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

I love how the author presented the female characters as strong and independent. It's important for young girls to see women in leadership roles. The illustrations in this book are lovely and complement the story well. They help bring the characters and setting to life.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

The fact that the book is set in a different part of the world could spark children's curiosity and encourage them to learn more about different countries and cultures. I love that the book features animal characters, as it can make it more relatable and fun for children to read.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

The author's ability to keep the story moving forward while adding twists and turns was impressive. Inca and her team of detectives were endearing characters that children would easily connect with.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The fact that the book uses real-world events and issues to shape its narrative is a valuable educational resource for readers.
I appreciate that the author provides a positive message of promoting peace and understanding through cultural exchange.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

I appreciate that the author includes humor and lighthearted moments in the book, which will help keep young readers engaged and interested. It's impressive that the author manages to balance animal story and important themes.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html

Post by Hartly Samsford »

The fact that the book is based on real-world events and issues makes it more relevant and engaging for readers. I appreciate that the book has a strong female character in Inca, who serves as a role model for young readers.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html

Post by James Smith_ »

The fact that the book is entertaining and educational at the same time is a great achievement for the author. I like that the book promotes important values and life skills for young readers, such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and teamwork.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I like that the book teaches readers about the value of hard work and determination in achieving their goals. The book's message of cultural exchange and understanding is an important one for young readers to learn.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

It's great to hear that the book is easy to follow and understand, making it accessible to readers of all levels. It's great to hear that the book has sparked readers' interest in learning more about different countries and cultures.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”