Review of Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Review of Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Maliha Naveed »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inca is a Siberian kitty whose passion is to become a world-famous detective. She lives in London with two other cats and their owner, Missy, who they call their mom. They develop a good friendship with the cats and dogs in their neighborhood. With their help and encouragement, Inca ventures to solve the mysteries of their human owners and becomes able to materialize her dream. The Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F Kristi is the fifth installment in the Inca series, where a cat is shown as a detective that solves complicated mysteries and earns a name as a famous cat detective.

Written from a cat's perspective, the book is an absolute delight not just for children but also adults. The writer has done a fantastic job entertaining her young readers and transferring her love for pets, especially cats and dogs, to young minds. The portrayal of cats and dogs acting as humans and brooding over complicated thoughts such as saving a will or caring for the emotions of the 'humanoids' only accentuates their loving nature as animals in the real world.

What I liked most was the first person, or in this case, the first animal narrative of the book and the idea of a cat recording her adventures in a diary. It is as fantastical as it can get. I really enjoyed the way Inca recounted the events chronologically. It only made me crave reading the other books in the series. Moreover, the illustration of almost every character is also delightful to see. The writer uses the font keeping her young readers in mind.

I didn't find anything negative in the book except one sentence that confused me a little. Throughout the book, a human character, Raoul, is being looked for who had gone missing in the mountains of Everest. But, at one point, Inca talks about the missing of Fromage (who is another cat in her family), saying, "…despite the anxiety of Fromage's disappearance…". I think that the writer wanted to write Raoul instead of Fromage. She might look into that. Other than that, I found only one spelling mistake. I can safely say that the book is professionally edited. For this reason and the excellent narration of the book, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Though the book targets young readers of ages 7-12, I would recommend it to everyone who loves animals and is concerned about their wellbeing. Besides, it's a lovely read for people of all ages.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”