Anne of Green Gables

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Disilluded
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-disilluded.html

Re: Anne of Green Gables

Post by Disilluded »

I read Anne of Green Gables obsessively as a child, but I didn't realize that there were two books after it. I was super excited when I went to the bookstore and found the last two books. It's a really sentimental series that I like to indulge in again and again.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

There are seven books altogether, aren't there?
Disilluded
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-disilluded.html

Post by Disilluded »

there are? Clearly I am missing out on a lot. Thank you very very much for bringing this up to my attention, now I'll have plenty to read for a while.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Well, goodness, it was my pleasure! I just checked, and there may be even more than that many, like eight or nine. :-)
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I am currently reading Anne of Green Gables, and I have to say that it's one of the best books I have read in a while. Being inside of Anne's imaginative head is really interesting. I think the author did an amazing job when she created these characters. I love each of the characters and the simplistic story line. It is truly a wonderful book.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reneeg18
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneeg18.html

Post by Reneeg18 »

These books hold a special place in my heart. I haven't read all of them, but I have given my best friend's 10 year old a copy, and I'm looking forward to her opinions!
ireallylikebooks
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ireallylikebooks.html

Post by ireallylikebooks »

Oh, I love these books! I devoured them as a child. I loved to imagine Anne's beloved Island, which sounded like such a magical place. I also loved Anne herself. No damsel in distress here. She was a woman who knew what she wanted and fought for it. Every young girl should read these books. I reread them as an adult when I was living on Prince Edward Island for a short time and found none of the magic gone.
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Post by Paliden »

Yes!! I loved that series! I am trying to get my niece to read them. One of my mothers favorite stories involves me coming to her and dramatically proclaiming, "I am in the depths of despair!". Lol! Yeah, I was that kinda kid.
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne
Amorlina
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amorlina.html

Post by Amorlina »

I am totally hooked with anne of green gables story up to emily of new moon and rilla of ingleside it was really a great great book that every person should read I really can relate to the stories of Anne as a young adult before when I first got my hands on it and been reading it and re reading it over and over again and watching movies about anne
anonanemone
Favorite Author: So many...
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 24">Tinder Stricken</a>
Currently Reading: Outland Exile
Bookshelf Size: 901
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonanemone.html
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by anonanemone »

Hmm, I used to watch the movies. You know when PBS was running their annual pledge drive :) An obvious oversight on my part. They have been added to my ever expanding read list :D
The world lives between those who say it cannot be done and those who say that it can. And in my experience, those who say that it can be done are usually telling the truth. --Lord Vetinari (Discworld, Raising Steam)
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
melissafaith25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissafaith25.html

Post by melissafaith25 »

they are beautiful books. it used to be y bedtime stories at night. i should reread them.
Yafa1822
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yafa1822.html
Latest Review: "Her Irresistible Troublemaker" by Sonia Parin

Post by Yafa1822 »

The first time I saw the movies when I was 9, I knew I had to read the books. When I finally did, I felt like I had met a kindred spirit. Anne's life ( though nothing like my own) struck a chord with the dreamy, idealistic child I was. I will never forget digging into that book under the trees in my aunt's backyard.
Latest Review: "Her Irresistible Troublemaker" by Sonia Parin
Enna Eiram

Post by Enna Eiram »

I like how the author personified Anne. She is the kind of girl I have always looked up to while growing up. We share the same principles and visions, and as I continued with the book, she amazed me as to how she viewed happiness in the most beautiful way.
StinaMarinaH

Post by StinaMarinaH »

Our school library only had the first one. I didn't realize there were more until my twenties. I feel like I missed out.
cherylgilmore
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherylgilmore.html

Post by cherylgilmore »

The "Anne of Green Gables" Series
Author: Lucy Maud Montgomery

Lucy Maud Montgomery is the best author ever to have lived. That's my opinion, anyways! She wrote the famous "Anne of Green Gables" books and is known world-wide. Her "Anne" books are extremely popular and they have even been made into famous movies.

The books are about a young orphan girl, sent to live in Prince Edward Island with an elderly man and his sister. Anne is a talkative little girl, who had been through a lot of foster families in the past. She can't believe her good luck when she is sent to the beautiful Avonlea.

The first book in the series is all about how she struggles to learn the "right" ways in doing things, and how to keep her mouth shut. The other seven book in the series tell of her life as she grows in age and spirit. She meets a man, gets married, has children, and lives a wonderful, but tragic life.

I highly recommend the "Anne" books to anyone who enjoys good, decent stories. These books are good for all ages, and if you read them, you will be pleasantly surprised how happy they make you feel. :P

Return to “Children's Books”