Review of Christina’s Pen Pal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Christina’s Pen Pal

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christina’s Pen Pal" by Candice Woods.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you know what a pen pal is? This was something I learned when I picked up this book. A pen pal is someone you write to despite not knowing them in person. Christina's Pen Pal by Candice Woods is an interesting children's book about Christina, Alyssa, and their pen pals.

Christina wasn't very fond of mathematics, so her demeanor changed when she saw Mrs. Smith, their teacher. To everyone's surprise, Mrs. Smith brought up a topic they weren't expecting. She talked to them about having a pen pal and urged everyone to get one. Just like everybody else, Christina was excited. Christina's pen pal lived in New York; her name was Britney. At first, Christina was nervous about writing to her. But after encouragement from her parents, she finally wrote. What did Britney think of Christina when she saw her later? And how did the duo get along? Grab this book to find out.

This book depicts the pure love children have for humanity. Christina's excitement gave me nostalgia. I remember how exciting it was to make friends when I was a child. I give Candice a mark of approval. She showed she is an expert in this intriguing children's book. Alyssa was one character I loved. Despite her parent's divorce, she didn't let that ruin her life. She was a good friend to Christina.

Mr. and Mrs. Riley are the epitome of what good parenting should be. They constantly reminded Christina of her wonderful personality and why she needed to be herself. This book fulfilled all the criteria a good children's book should have. It had colorful pictures, a good storyline, and an important theme about friendship.

There wasn't anything to dislike, so I don't see any reason not to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I'd love to recommend this book to parents with kids and to people who love reading children's books. The book was free of errors. That's to say, it was impeccably edited.

Christina’s Pen Pal
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

The author had me at the book cover. I love how adorable it looks, anyone will be convinced to read this book. Besides, the storyline is amazing. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for the engaging review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Wow. I think I've learned something new. A pen pal. I would like to know all about Christina's pen pal. Children would certainly learn from this. Nicely written.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

This is a beautiful story of friendship between children. Like you said, children always exhibit pure love and you can see this with the way they relate with all and everybody. This is not my first time of hearing about a pen pal however I’d like to see how this book unfolds. Thank you for your review.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

Having pen pals is really good for children. We can't always do everything by ourselves so getting a pen pal to be there for us is great. The book touches a beautiful topic and will help parents get pen pals for their kids. Nice review.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I have known what a pen pal means for a long while. I have always wanted one though, but haven't gotten any. I will be glad to read Christina's Pen Pal by Candice Woods.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

I think this is a book every kid should read. A book that would teach them the value and importance of humanity. I love your review though.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

The plot line of this book is unlike a children's book. A pen pal? I've never heard of that before, so I'm intrigued enough to read this book. Great review.
Divine Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divine-treasure_3577866.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Divine Treasure »

I haven't heard of a pen pal before. I must say I'm thrilled to read this piece. The cover is also captivating, and the storyline is great. Good review
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

I've never heard of a pen pal. Your question is what drew me to this book. I think I'd read this book to find out. Thank you for your honest review.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I learnt about penpals from my mom. She old me about her penpal and i think itvwas a great thing except now there's nothing like that. Children will benefit from reading this book and get to experience a lot of things. This is a nice review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Pen pal is an age long tradition among students. I had one pen pal too but heard from her once. I wish children learn a great deal from here.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

I find having a pen pal to be fascinating. This book has piqued my interest. I would certainly add it to my shelf. Also, I would love to read about Mr. and Mrs. Riley parenting style. I think I have a lot to learn.

Return to “Children's Books”