Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Parks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
deer queen
Currently Reading: Odd Thomas
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deer-queen.html

Re: Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Parks

Post by deer queen »

Junie B. was one of my first favorite books, there were many books so you got to see a lot of situations, that's always good for kids. It helps us understand more. And I love the way she talks.
SeasonOfOpportunity
Currently Reading: Chasing Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by SeasonOfOpportunity »

My daughter is a struggling reader, and doesn't have alot of patience to sit and read, although she carries a book around the house frequently. Someone offered us some Junie B. Jones books this week, and I am hoping it will peak her interest, so she will be more motivated.
sthomas580
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sthomas580.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by sthomas580 »

I loved reading Junie B. Jones books! The fact that all of Junie B.'s experiences and mannerisms are realistic to that of a actual five year old makes it hilarious and even gets you to think about all the ridiculous things you did and said as a kid. I used to read them when I was younger, but even as an adult I find them just as funny as I did then. Barbara Parks really knows how to grab the attention of a child and adult at the same time. Really enjoyable for all ages and is just an all around feel good series.
Taylor Hagen
Currently Reading: Reached
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-hagen.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Taylor Hagen »

I loved this series so much! I finished so many book to what i thought was speedy as a child. Launched my reading career
melissafaith25
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissafaith25.html

Post by melissafaith25 »

I used to LOVE the Junie B jones series when I was younger. I always asked for a new jbj book for birthdays,christms and rewards.
jbrookeschroeder

Post by jbrookeschroeder »

Junie B. Jones encouraged me to love reading as a young child. My mom would read these books aloud to me and I thought they were hilarious. As I grew older, I began reading them on my own. Barbara Parks does a great job of connecting these books to children and making them fun to read. I have her to thank for my love of reading.
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

I also loved reading Junie B. Jones when I was younger. The author really captures her stubborn but cute character so well. I'm sure that most kids will love reading these books.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
oreocookie1000
Currently Reading: The lightning theif
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreocookie1000.html

Post by oreocookie1000 »

I used to love junie b jones in kindergarten I thought she was exactly like me ,even though I grew out of the book series I will always love the series!
_hbanga
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Perfect Chemistry</a>
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hbanga.html

Post by _hbanga »

Junie B. Jones is the reason I started reading, I think i have read almost every book in the series and I am in love with it. I sometimes go back and reread some of them for laughs. Even now I still find them funny and clever. This series has been a big part of my life growing up and I will always adore it, it began my passion for reading for which I will always be grateful.
NotNowImReading
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-notnowimreading.html

Post by NotNowImReading »

I love Junie B.! She is so funny and has a big heart. My daughter has some of the Junie B. Jones books, but for some reason never wanted to read them...that is, until we went to see a live Junie B. play performed by our local youth theater. It really brought the characters to life for my daughter. Ever since then, she keeps a different Junie B. book with her at all times.
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

My first grade daughter loves the 'Magic Treehouse' and 'Rainbow Magic Fairies' books, but hasn't mentioned the 'Junie B.' series yet. Maybe a trip to the library and some gentle prodding are in order to introduce her to these books.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
njzeba
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njzeba.html

Post by njzeba »

Junie B Jones used to give me life when I was a kid! I don't know why a child wouldn't like Junie B Jones. I thoguht it wa really funny when I was young but then again, that's just me.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I loved Junie B. Jones when I was younger! I read all of her Kindergarten adventures. Has anyone read the series once she moves on to first grade?
suzanneseidel
Currently Reading: Blind Assassin
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzanneseidel.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by suzanneseidel »

I LOVED Junie B Jones books when I was younger! Into middle school my friend and I would quote Junie's funny way of saying things. Just recently I reread some of the books as an adult and I still love them. They must have been so fun to write!
Jhan723
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhan723.html

Post by Jhan723 »

I LOVE reading to my daughter. She "reads" books all time (she's 18 months old so its more baby talk and pointing to the pictures) but she loves books and she loves to read and she loves for me to read to her. It's a really awesome bonding experience for both of us. I read the Junie B. Jones books and i actually wasn't all the excited about them. Call me that crazy first time mom but i actually could only read one of the books. I was worried that i would be teaching her bad habits. Yes i understand that the point of the books is to be in the mind of a little girl and little girls have fits over silly things and can't have conversations with the greatest vocabulary but i didn't want to read this out loud and let my daughter think that this is right. Now, i'm no perfect parent or english professor by any means but i also want to make sure that my daughter understands the difference between silly and right before i introduce her to these books again.

Return to “Children's Books”