Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer-Annie Abdul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookthumper.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Jennifer-Annie Abdul »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fromage was on cheese protection duty. He had just overseen Missy's creation of her new cheese and vowed to protect it with his life. His guard went higher than ever when he learned Enzo was in the same plane as the new cheese. Enzo was the worst to him, and he could see through his smile and laughter. Enzo wanted to destroy Missy's reputation and legacy. Fromage was sure of that. What better way to start that destruction than to steal the cheese? All these thoughts went through Fromage's head until the plane they were on landed in South Korea. That was when disaster struck. The cheese bag went missing. Could it be that Fromage was right after all? Or was the thief someone they did not know? Read Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula to find out.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is R.F. Kristi's brainchild. It follows the story of Fromage, the cheese-loving cat, and his friends in South Korea. I found it funny that a cat would love cheese as much as Fromage did. The stereotype I am used to is that rats and mice love cheese and cats love milk. I am happy that R.F. Kristi changed that little detail in this book. Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula was told entirely from Inca's perspective. Inca was Fromage's elder sister, and she was a master detective. I felt honored to see the world through her eyes.

Out of everything, what I liked most about Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is the narration. I am not just talking about whose perspective it was written from. I am talking about how it was narrated and how funny it was. Inca was a lot of things, and being funny was one of them. She always said things as she felt them. I can never keep a diary because I do not have the strength to express my thoughts in a little book that no one else will read. However, I enjoyed reading about Inca's adventure in South Korea and how she explained it. Inca made sure to let us know when she was scared, happy, or feeling proud. She described the sounds around her as if she paid so much attention to those things. The way she narrated the whole story made my day.

I did not dislike anything about Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula. Yes, it had a few errors, but those were not so big that they became an eyesore. R.F. Kristi tried her best to edit the book professionally. I recognize and applaud her for her effort. Since I liked everything in this lovely book called Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula, I rate it four out of four stars.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is about the adventures of a few cats and how one cat would give his life to protect his beautiful cheese. That is a funny summary of the book, but it is true. There is also more to Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula than I have the time to mention. I can assure you that you will not regret reading Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula if you love books about animals living their best lives. So, this recommendation goes out to those who like books about animals saving the day.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”