Review of The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Review of The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake

Post by marta baglioni »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake" by Great-Aunt Rita.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The day Michael loses his first tooth, his mother tells him about the Tooth Fairy and her duty. Michael is extremely excited to receive her visit and even more when, waking up, he finds a fifty-dollar bill under his pillow. Reportedly, it is unusual for the Tooth Fairy to give this much: in the haste, she just made a mistake. Now, she might not be able to bring money to other children. Will Michael help her remedy the situation?

The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake is a children’s book by Great-Aunt Rita. I think the author did a brilliant job with this book because it puts children in front of a major moral quandary. They’ll have to confront an egoistical desire with the collective well-being and make the right choice along with Michael. This is a lesson that in my opinion is never too soon to learn.

The illustrations are by Victor Guiza. I believe he made a remarkable work: I absolutely love the graphics. Little Michael without his tooth is adorable, and the level of detail in the background is impressive for a children’s book. The colours are so vivid and a treat for the eyes; I really liked the palette chosen, with a lot of chromatic contrasts, rich in blues and yellows. Moreover, as a European, I genuinely appreciated the cameo of my childhood friend, the White Fairy Rat.

The book itself is quite short, only counting 26 pages. I think it would be ideal to read all in one sitting as a bedtime story, maybe the night before a visit from the Tooth Fairy is due.

So, a challenging dilemma for children, unique illustrations, and immaculate editing: this book undoubtedly deserves a perfect score since I could not find a single feature I didn't like. I am happy to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to children from four to six years old. It will show them that everyone is going to commit mistakes one day or the other, what matters most is to try to make things right afterwards.

The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

I like the lessons the author taught in this book. Your review was really thrilling to read.
Nice one.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:

Post by marta baglioni »

Summer Henrietta wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 04:26 I like the lessons the author taught in this book. Your review was really thrilling to read.
Nice one.
Thank you for stopping by!
Mae Marzan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mae Marzan »

"Anyone can make a mistake, including The Tooth Fairy. It is a special boy, who can understand and help make things right. Reading this book will show children, even though they make mistakes, there are ways to correct their mistakes."
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I love the message in this book. The kids will learn a lot. It simply teaches the children not to take what's not their own and always help people in need.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Jessa Mae Ramores

Post by Jessa Mae Ramores »

This book gives a lesson that children must adapt on itself. The authors is great for creating this piece.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:

Post by marta baglioni »

Francis Freeman wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 12:37 I love the message in this book. The kids will learn a lot. It simply teaches the children not to take what's not their own and always help people in need.
It is a fundamental message, indeed. Thank you for commenting!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83952
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1153%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Well ! It's an awesome children's books vibrantly illustrated showing children the valuable lessons that even tooth fairy can make mistake..When Michael lost his front tooth he put it under tis pillow, anticipating a visit from a tooth fairy in a hurry the tooth fairy accidentally leave him too much money which means there won't be enough money for other children who Lost their tooth. I like how great Aunt Rita has Crafted an original story that humanize tooth fairy and teaches that anyone can make mistake it Isa fun read for children
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I think this book is amazing. I was captivated by the title and wondered what kind of mistake the tooth fairy made. I would love to read the book myself. Thanks for the detailed review.
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

An interesting story for an equally interesting myth. Great review.
Kellen Eva
Currently Reading: Dirty Laundry - A True Story

Post by Kellen Eva »

The book is amazing and it teaches parents how to deal with an unexpected situations like for the 50dollar bill.i believe parents have to be careful before they do anything concerning their children and the idea of a tooth fairy is a motivating thing to children to always learn to remove their own teeth when the right time comes in order to receive a good reward.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

Because I have been a tooth fairy who made some mistakes in the past, I can relate well to this story. Great Review!
Timme Junor

Post by Timme Junor »

They say teach a child when they are young and you can never go wrong the book was absolutely brilliant teaching child core values in life by using term they understand and a character they are familiar with.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Great review! This Tooth Fairy story has a worthwhile message delivered in a colorful and entertaining way.
Lizcd87
Currently Reading:

Post by Lizcd87 »

Very interesting to see how the tooth fairy handles the situation after making am mistake without taking the magic from the event, and also teaching a great lesson.

Return to “Children's Books”