Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a children's book wrapped up with so many lessons. R.F. Kristi wrote the book Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula. The major characters in this story are Inca, a Siberian cat detective; his human mother; siblings; and members of his detective agency. A brief introduction of all the characters was highlighted. Thereafter, a scenario where Inca's team members admired a beautiful painting of him and a majestic Siberian tiger was brought in. Continuing the story, the mother of the Incan and her children, who comprised five cats, one dog, and one pup, were having a beautiful time when she announced to them that they all would be traveling to South Korea for an event where she would be exhibiting the cheese that she produced; displaying this at that renowned event would attract benefits to her. She would also get to be a judge in a catering competition. On their arrival in South Korea, their mom's cheese bag disappeared. As good cat detectives as they were, they found the bag. What happens after this? Was their mom able to pull through at the event? Find out from this book.

Indeed, a passport and a medical examination are very necessary before a person embarks on a trip from one country to another. Entering into a country that requires these without presenting them to the authorities in charge shows that the person entered illegally. When such people are caught, they are usually deported or jailed. Hence, to prevent this situation from occurring, getting the required documents before traveling should be taken as a priority; Inca's mom made sure that her documents and those of her children and partners were intact before they left for South Korea. In addition, I admired the way Inca and his family members related; their love for each other was evident in the way they cared for and supported one another.

Considering that I'm not an avid reader of children's books, I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy this book, but I was surprised to find that I enjoyed it. It had compelling content. The words used in the story were not complex at all. The sentences were also properly spaced. All these made the story clear and concise.

I wouldn't have given this book a low rating score other than a high one considering that I didn't dislike any aspect of it. There was a major lesson that I learned, which is that "we need people to help us in one way or the other in our journey through life." When Inca's mom arrived in South Korea, it was people who assisted her; this made her stay there a very memorable one. This book was also exceptionally well edited because I didn't find any kind of error. For these reasons, I gave it a rating of four out of four stars.

I recommend it to children's book lovers; parents who desire to read interesting stories that they can tell their kids; people who desire to know how animals react to situations; and people who love to read investigative books because this story will thrill them.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”