Review of What Does Your Daddy Do?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: What Does Your Daddy Do? by Joshua Page

Review of What Does Your Daddy Do?

Post by Faithy_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What Does Your Daddy Do?" by Joshua Page.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The role of schools and the home in imparting knowledge and motivating children to learn more is a crucial one and instrumental in raising informed and knowledgeable children. We see this play out in this book.

In What Does Your Daddy Do? by Joshua Page, we get to experience a gathering of children in a school, enthusiastic about learning about different careers. Ms. Dusenbury is the teacher of these kids, and she reminded them of the beginning of career week. During this interactive session, she introduced students to the concept of a career while explaining the details. While the other students paid rapt attention, she proceeded to ask Ashton about the occupation of his father. He attempted the question but promised to get back to the teacher the next day with the full details. Was Ashton able to fulfill his promise? What do you think will be the career of the fathers of these children?

I have always believed that it is often the way others are passionate about their jobs that spurs us to consider a career option. An event in the book reinforced this belief.

Joshua Page wrote the book in the best way suitable for children; it is concise, easy to read, and has colorful illustrations. Furthermore, I appreciated how the author demonstrated that it is always important to attempt questions and always seek clarification and explanations where necessary.

There are a lot of things children will learn from the book, such as eloquence and confidence, as were depicted in the children in this book. Consequently, I am positive that this will rub off on any child that reads the book.

I have a complaint about this book. I understand the author could have made the book as concise as possible for bonafide reasons. However, I felt he could have written about the careers of the fathers of more children. This is because I believe it would increase the learning experience of children. This made me deduct one star from the book.

The book was exceptionally well edited. In consideration of both my positive comments and one complaint about the book, I am rating it three out of four stars. The book was a quick read, and this is just the best for children. Children aged between 5 and 9 are the most suitable audience for this book. I also believe that the book can be read to 4-year-old children.

What Does Your Daddy Do?
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Children's Books”