Review of Evan Penquinski The Worst Wisher Ever

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today? by Werner Neff

Review of Evan Penquinski The Worst Wisher Ever

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Evan Penquinski The Worst Wisher Ever" by Andi Anders.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Evan Penquinski The Worst Wisher Ever by Andi Anders, it’s a penguin’s affair. We have one penguin named Evan Penquinski, who is poor at blending with others. He wants to be distinctive and nothing less! On his fifth birthday, the crabs and everyone else come to his celebration party. However, he wishes for a unicorn horn. While Evan desires to stand out among his friends, he absorbs a valuable lesson as the tale concludes.

This book is too poetic for some kids. In other words, it will be a bit hectic to understand. Even I had to reread to understand some terms like patootie. And while it’s an exciting read about penguins, some choice of words was a bit unorthodox. Some children may need to have someone explain some phrases. That’s what I did not like. But like I said, it was a poetic read.

I enjoyed that Evan wanted to be unique from the rest. That’s not so bad. But then, Evan learns something valuable in the end. Occasionally, we have to undergo some experience to know better. Our remarkable penguin is a definitive example.

If there’s something I loved most was the co-existence between the crabs and penguins. The former helped in making the book juicy. Not just that, the crabs helped in making Evan’s birthday party even more memorable. Moreover, their eyes popped over their heads like antennas. Plus, their spanner-like pincers were charming. They were a sight to behold.

The illustrations were sublimely executed because they were colorful and irresistible. I cherished the oneness of the penguins because they came together to celebrate a birthday of one of their own. I found no error, so it’s factual to affirm Evan Penquinski The Worst Wisher Ever is professionally edited. Gauging all aspects, I award it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the work to children who love penguins because they’ll adore Evan.

Evan Penquinski The Worst Wisher Ever
View: on Bookshelves
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Summer Henrietta »

This book taught many lessons , one of which is togetherness. I like the storyline and I look forward to reading the book.

Return to “Children's Books”