Review of Extraordinary Goose Wants a Wattle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today? by Werner Neff

Review of Extraordinary Goose Wants a Wattle

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Extraordinary Goose Wants a Wattle" by Corieta McGlashen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes we try too hard to be someone else. We want to be as tall or fit or light as another person. We desire the curly hair that so and so has. We want someone’s smile or gorgeous eyes. But why don’t we appreciate what we possess and be confident in ourselves? We are exceptional and charming in all manner of ways.

In Extraordinary Goose Wants a Wattle, Corieta McGlashen introduces us to an unusual bird. Goose desired to have a beautiful as the rooster did. The bird clumsily ran up and down, trying to find a red wattle. He would crack twigs and disturb the other animals’ peace, trying to find one.

Goose also wanted to sit on the horse’s saddle. The farmer could get frustrated at the goose’s behavior, but that did not stop him. His desire to possess a red wattle was unquestionable. In his daily exploits of finding a wattle, the goose encounters the horse whose saddle he desired to sit on. The horse teaches the goose a lesson that will potentially change his mind. Did he finally accept himself as a bird without a wattle? Will the horse allow the goose to sit on his saddle?

I loved that the goose’s clumsiness is displayed in the illustrations. He would disturb other animals trying to find a wattle, which made him unique from all the rest. I enjoyed the horse’s wisdom. He was capable of changing the goose’s mentality for the better. Well, did he? Devour the book to find out.

I did not loathe anything. Conversely, I loved the writing technique of including hard words at the end of the book with their definitions. I found no error, so the work is exceptionally well revised. I grant it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend Extraordinary Goose Wants a Wattle to kids of all ages because a valuable lesson of self-acceptance awaits them.

Extraordinary Goose Wants a Wattle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Summer Henrietta »

Accepting one's self self would be the greatest self love ever. I love the lessons that this book teaches.
Dominc xavier wangatia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dominc xavier wangatia »

I love the lessons from this book,lets accept ones self for love

Return to “Children's Books”