Review of Will's Adventure to the Candy Mountain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniel Oscar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-oscar.html
Latest Review: Sneaky,The Hairy Mountain Monster by Norma Fleagane

Review of Will's Adventure to the Candy Mountain

Post by Daniel Oscar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Will's Adventure to the Candy Mountain" by Dr.Gerry Haller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine how excited you will be when you finally go to a place you've always fantasized about. This was the same feeling Will and Quinn had when they went to Candy Mountain. Will's Adventure to Candy Mountain is a children's book written by Dr. Gerry Haller about Will and Quinn's adventure in Candy Mountain.

Grandma would always tell Will and his brothers' stories about Candy Mountain. She would say that for you to have a chance to go to Candy Mountain, you have to be a good child. Will loved the idea of going to the mountains and always envisioned himself there. He was surprised when a woman dressed like a conductor woke him up. It is time to go to Candy Mountain. Will couldn't believe his ears. He thought it was too good to be true until he saw a train waiting for him to come on board. He saw a lot of kids on the train. He became friends with Quinn instantly. With Quinn beside him, they explored the nooks and crannies of Candy Mountain, having so much fun together.

The author of this book, Dr. Gerry Haller, and the narrator, YM Cho, did brilliantly in putting this book together. Every child who reads this book will understand that it pays to be a good child. I felt like I was there eating all those sweet candies with them. The pictorial representation of the characters and events was top-notch. The images in this book were enough to tell the story, even to a baby who couldn't read it. The sentences were properly constructed. It was simple and easy to understand. The author also highlights the importance of friendship.

The only thing I disliked about the book was the fact that Will took off with a stranger without even asking to know them any further. I couldn't help imagining if this was someone with bad intentions. Aside from what I mentioned earlier, I can't think of anything that would make me give this book anything less than four out of four stars. The book was realistic. No child will ask questions when you offer to take them to a place like Candy Mountain.

The editing was flawless. I didn't see any errors. I'd love to recommend this book to parents with kids and to people who love reading children's fantasy books.

Will's Adventure to the Candy Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

The cover page of this book looks like a children's book. I love the description in this review. Weldon.
Francis_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-reads.html
Latest Review: Speed Reading: A Little-Known Time-Saving Superpower by Abby Marks Beale
2022 Reading Goal: 72
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Francis_Reads »

Emphasis on being a good child is what I cherish about this book. I wish Will enjoyed his candycation with Quin, his newfound friend.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.

Return to “Children's Books”