Review of No Rushing when Brushing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Review of No Rushing when Brushing

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Rushing when Brushing" by Humairah Shah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

No Rushing When Brushing is an educational children's book by Dr. Humairah Shah. It includes two stories: "Sam and the Sugar Bug" and "Leila Visits the Dentist." As a children's dentist, the author shares his expertise, instructing young children about proper dental care and what they can expect during a visit to the dentist. Shah illustrates healthy and unhealthy dental practices by contrasting the teeth-brushing habits of siblings Sam and Leila.

The 25-page children's book features flawless editing and colorful, cartoon-like illustrations by Javier C. Gonzales III. The two-story read is the first in the Alan and Burke Books series and is recommended for children ages five through nine.

I especially like the author's creative attention to detail in these delightful stories. By illustrating how the sneaky "sugar bug" was able to take residence in Sam's mouth plus the habits to prevent future invasions, the book will motivate young readers to practice healthy dental hygiene. Likewise, when Leila visits Dr. Jane, each part of the office visit is explained, which gives the story a reassuring tone. Children will also enjoy the accompanying illustrations. The tiny sugar bug appears more mischievous than menacing, and the pictures detailing Leila's dental appointment will go a long way in assuaging potential fears.

There isn't anything I dislike about the informative picture book nor any reason not to award it a perfect score. In addition to the superb editing and professional presentation, the formatting is ideal for full-screen viewing of the lovely illustrations.

I am pleased to rate No Rushing When Brushing 4 out of 4 stars. It is insightful, informative, and comforting. The book would make a wonderful gift for young children anticipating their first dental appointment or pediatric dentists beginning their practice. In addition to the targeted audience, I recommend it to caregivers, teachers, and parents.

No Rushing when Brushing
View: on Bookshelves
Emah22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emah22.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Emah22 »

Thanks for the awesome review. This book will be very good for children to create awareness in them about the importance of dental hygiene.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

The book is quite informative then. I think I should be able to learn some insight about tooth care from there. The illustrated story is indeed captivating to help children learn about dental care.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

One thing I've come to place so much value on is the review if books. This is because it gives me an idea of what book I may enjoy and subsequently add them to my to read list. The title says it all
humairah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by humairah »

Thank you for the wonderful review! I hope the book will help us improve oral health of our children in a fun way. I would appreciate it if you would review the book on Amazon.
Shernell20

Post by Shernell20 »

Having dental hygiene is important and I for one think so if I do say so myself.I really like this children's book it's educational and interesting.
dsndsw
Currently Reading: Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dsndsw.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by dsndsw »

This review was enjoyable. I look forward to reading this book and sharing it with my nephews and nieces.
Sheren Manuel

Post by Sheren Manuel »

It's a big help for those kids who didn't want to brush their teeth. Or sometimes they rush it coz they want to finish it now they finally realized that brushing their teeth didn't have to do as fast as they want.
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

The title says it all. I should be able to recommend this book to kids that don't see any need for brushing. Thanks for the review.
abenny042

Post by abenny042 »

The book is really awesome it help the children and even the grown up take good care of their teeth
mj2022

Post by mj2022 »

The book is a must-must buy for those who care about their kid's dental hygiene and health. The author has done an amazing job in using the right words, images, character and an overall- story, that can encourage a child to brush his/her teeth regularly. We first started reading the book to our 3 + years old daughter, and since then, we have seen the influence the story had on her. The author has used a very artistic approach, because not only did we see our child connect with the book, but we also saw the positive impact of the story. I think every story has a purpose, and if the purpose of this book is to encourage kids to brush their teeth and not rush through it, the author has done a wonderful job and met that purpose. Furthermore, it also sheds a light on oral health. In simple words, "a very valuable book that should be added to every child's book collection".
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

Thanks for the review. A Book teaching children about the importance of healthy hygiene, amazing.
Lantana Mohammed Shani
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's

Post by Lantana Mohammed Shani »

Thanks for the perspective review, The book is really telling us that, it's not all things teachers will thought you in.And I think this is the best way for children to learn how dental check up is very important,in other words this book is really helpful and educative. I really appreciate this,keep up the good work.
Last edited by Lantana Mohammed Shani on 30 May 2022, 20:24, edited 2 times in total.
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

Thank you for this review; this book sounds excellent and timely for me as I struggle to have my daughter brush her teeth properly every day. Maybe a bright and cheerful book like this about dental hygiene by an actual dentist might help.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

An interesting and educative book for kids. Dental health is something that is essential indeed. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”