Review of We Are Here

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Everydayadventure15
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-everydayadventure15.html
Latest Review: The Shadows We Make by Jo Allen Ash (pen name)
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 80%

Review of We Are Here

Post by Everydayadventure15 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "We Are Here" by Scott Weiss.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For those who share a bed with a canine companion or who have lost their favorite seat on the couch to a slobbery pooch, the reasons that dogs exist may already be quite obvious. But for those who have never had the pleasure of experiencing all that a pup has to offer, Scott Weiss has a heartwarming list of why dogs are loved so much. In his book, We Are Here, the author relates the fulling purposes of the faithful family pet, and the revelation at the end may surprise and delight you.

I highly enjoyed this sweet children’s book. As someone who grew up in a home with dogs my whole life, I have always had a furry friend nearby, and I related to the many sentiments that the author shared about dogs. I loved that the book featured scenes that brought a tear to my eye, a smile to my face, and filled my heart with joy. I also appreciated the author’s creative imagination that brought a science fiction twist to this 38-page book. The subtle winks shared by the pups throughout the pages made me laugh, and I loved the illustrator’s artistic talents in bringing the written story to life.

The author succeeded in passing on a meaningful message through easy-to-read sentences and colorful pictures. With the world going through a time of loss and great stress, the reminder that we are not alone in our trials and triumphs was a great comfort. Even if you don’t have a dog, the sentiments shared in the book can reflect the support that comes from a close family member, friend, or other beloved pet.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. The simple story was flawlessly edited, and I found no errors. I also appreciated the diverse character representation throughout the pages. Therefore, I give We are Here four out of four stars.

I’d recommend this beautifully illustrated book to children of all ages. This story would also make an excellent addition to any elementary classroom because it encourages empathy and imagination. The little clues indicating the surprise reveal were a delight to discover throughout the pages; I didn’t even notice some of the obvious ones the first time around! You’ll undoubtedly want to get a copy of this book and read it more than once.

We Are Here
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Praise Chizurumoke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-chizurumoke.html
Latest Review: Power Glass by Katherine Cooper

Post by Praise Chizurumoke »

A book that evokes beautiful emotions in a reader will be worth the read, I know I'll enjoy this book, great review.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Blessing E »

Immediately I saw the book cover, I noted that it must be a children's book. Well done on a nicely written review
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Buch1-Dm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buch1-dm.html
Latest Review: Never Forget Me by Paul Gonzal

Post by Buch1-Dm »

Almost a family around has a dog as a pet or intends to buy one. What's with the buzz about pets? Maybe I can get the answers I am looking for from the pages of this book. Great review
Tina M 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tina-m-2.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham
2022 Reading Goal: 18
2022 Goal Completion: 38%

Post by Tina M 2 »

I also live with furry friends I would definitely like to read this and see how well I could relate to the book. Thanks for the review!
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2022 Reading Goal: 6
2022 Goal Completion: 116%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

I am scared of dogs, but it seems this book will take away my fears.
Aleesa Mae De Guzman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aleesa Mae De Guzman »

I'm in the middle of liking a dog and not, but it seems that this book can give a reason so I can decide to buy a dog or not.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Stevenmusk »

I like the view it reflects on family pet and their usefulness. Thanks for the review
Mrs D O
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-d-o.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Thomas Alfie

Post by Mrs D O »

As someone who grew up in a home with dogs my whole life, I have always had a furry friend nearby, and I related to the many sentiments that the author shared about dogs. I loved that the book featured scenes that brought a tear to my eye, a smile to my face, and filled my heart with joy.
I couldn't resist looking at your review when I saw the cover illustration. I was not disappointed. Thanks for capturing the warmth and wonder of dogs in your description. It's good to see a book that is so charming and promotes appreciation of dogs in an entertaining way. Thanks to you and your nearby furry friend for this review.
Richard Azubike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-azubike.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Richard Azubike »

Pets like dogs and cats are man's best friend. They help man in different ways and I love how the book teaches children about pets.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kyrian007 »

Excellent critique of this book. I adore the way your review highlighted the humor in the book. I appreciate the evaluation. I am eager to read this fascinating book.

Return to “Children's Books”