Review of Billy the Bully

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Billy the Bully

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Billy the Bully" by Sharon Linen-Fordham.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Billy the Bully: From the AddyBee123 Book Collection by Sharon Linen-Fordham and 1 more reflected the world of bullied children. It resolved around Addy and Billy. Billy has been bullying Addy for some time now and has made a mockery of her looks (but Addy is a beautiful kid physically for me). Addy's mother found out about this incident and would report Billy to the school authorities. Soon after, Billy had a terrible accident with her mother. How will Addy respond to someone that has bullied her all this while?

The author takes children into the world and mental state of bullies. We all have reasons why we act the way we do. This is the case concerning Billy. What I loved most about this book was the lesson the character of Addy portrayed. You wouldn't believe what this pretty kid did in response to the news she heard.

All the scenarios were portrayed with good pictures as illustrations. I believe the author wasn't trying to create a protagonist and antagonist scenario in the book. The author was only trying to develop a mindset of unity between kids. Most kids are going through tough times in their homes. You wouldn't believe the effect of all these issues on these kids when they meet their fellow kids in school.

Sincerely, I have not found any negative features in this book. The execution was perfect. Also, there were no errors. Hence, I can confidently say that the book was exceptionally well-edited. The author did well by including a didactic epilogue at the end of the book.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because the author did an excellent job of teaching such lessons in this book for children. The book will suit those children in the neighborhood who will always come back home with tears in their eyes because of bullying. I assure you, baby girl, you will be comforted in the character of Addy in this book. She could be your friend.

Billy the Bully
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Bullies: It's either they have weak mental strength or low self-esteem, so in other for them to feel on top of the world, they bully the weak.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

This is a really nice book and though it's a children's book, I think some adults out there; both the bully and the bullied should read this book.
Thanks for the great review
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

It's great to teach children to be kind to others. Bullying usually affects children in a bad way. Thanks for the nice review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Bunmi27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmi27.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Bunmi27 »

Bullying definitely has its bad effects especially on children. It can be so bad that it affects their self esteem. I hope parents teach their children about the effects of bullying and punish them when guilty; with this, I believe the act of bullying will be reduced.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

teaching children about kindness and against bullying is a necessary cause. thanks for the review.
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

This book really taught me a lot. Great review
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

It teaches kids how to respond and act when bullied and it addresses the issues of bullying in the society both psychologically and mentally. Nice review
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's book, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

The concept of bullying, its damaging effects and ways to stop it should be taught actively to children, to ensure unity and peace among them. This book has a lot of lessons to be learnt. Awesome review.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

I hate bullying especially among children because it courages violence. I am happy the author told children about the negative aspect of bullying.
Lehlohonolo Mohapi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lehlohonolo Mohapi »

I love how the children are taught about the and told about all the negative and harmful ways that bullying effects them and how it can damage and hurt others. It is beneficial in so many ways and can really teach us all as much as teach the children how to treat each other better and help each other to better each other psychologically.
Amazing read
Swa Darsh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Swa Darsh »

The idea of the significant impact of bullying is crystal clear in this storyline that equally incorporates the adverse effects of this unwanted as well as agressive behavior. Furthermore, its influence on the youth's mental health is well portrayed by the author which will enable kids to acknowledge the message effortlessly.
An impactful plot!
queen anirah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-anirah.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by queen anirah »

The result of bullying can be very bad. I understand how bullying can affect a child’s growth. The book passes a strong message on how bad bullying is.

Return to “Children's Books”