Review of The Book on Bedwetting by I. P. Knightly

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of The Book on Bedwetting by I. P. Knightly

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Book on Bedwetting by I. P. Knightly" by Maggie Jessop.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nocturnal enuresis is a common and completely normal situation that occurs in young children. However, having a child who often wets the bed can cause frustration. The main problem arises when friends, relatives, and those closest to them make fun of them.

The Book on Bedwetting by I.P. Knightly: How to Cope with Natural Disasters of Epic Proportions is a book written by Maggie Jessop. At the center of the plot is a little boy who wets his bed every night. He has dreams every night in which he has to swim across swamps and oceans. Every time he wakes up, he notices that his bed is wet. However, one night, his father explains that this is not unusual and that he and his grandfather also had the same problem. The reader further learns whether bedwetting will stop and what the moral of the whole story really is.

This is a very distinctive and clever story for children that touches on a somewhat taboo topic. Bedwetting is something that many children experience and are often ashamed of. This story teaches children how bedwetting is completely normal and raises their confidence by letting them understand that it doesn’t only happen to them. What I especially like about this book is the story within the story. The author conveyed the whole situation around bedwetting in a metaphorical sense. Every time the boy wetted the bed, it would be presented as a flood that would ultimately flood the entire neighborhood. To boost his morale, the boy’s parents told him the story of how all the people in the neighborhood benefited from the flood and that he doesn’t have to be ashamed. Also, the whole book is illustrated with stunning cartoon-like illustrations that perfectly depict the entire narrative.

I really have nothing negative to point out about this book. Every element is superbly executed. Apart from being fun and engaging, the story is also educational and sends an important lesson to children. In addition, the book seems exceptionally well edited since I did not encounter any errors.

Since I have no valid reason to give it a lower rating, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it primarily to all parents who have children who often wet the bed. The book would also be a perfect bedtime story.

The Book on Bedwetting by I. P. Knightly
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

This seems to be a very interesting book teaching the children as how to avoid bedwetting. Thanks for an excellent review.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Ajiboye Shola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiboye-shola.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ajiboye Shola »

It is a strange title but beneficial to me. thanks for the review
Abigail Omoigui
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abigail Omoigui »

This book clearly highlights the effects of bed-wetting. This book would be very helpful for growing kids.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

Thanks for a splendid review. I love this children's book. It seems to contain the right elements for children, and the storyline was perfectly constructed. Many children will definitely enjoy reading this. Kudos to the author for a job well done.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I love that it help children develop confidence that bedwetting is normal. Interesting book and a good review too.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's book, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.

Return to “Children's Books”