Review of 3 Magic Dreams

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review of 3 Magic Dreams

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "3 Magic Dreams" by Matt Bolton Art.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

3 Magic Dreams by Matt Bolton Art is a children’s book that contains three separate stories in one. The three stories are Gilby, The Time Machine Twins, and Dara’s Dreams. Gilby decides to go and look for some food when they run out. Unfortunately, he gets swallowed by a monster who then spits him out on an island far away. Will Gilby make it back to his friends with some food?

The twins receive a time machine for their birthday. What was supposed to be a toy turns out to be real. The twins find themselves transported to the time of dinosaurs and cavemen. Will they make it back home safely? Dara’s family makes a lot of noise. When Dara is sleeping, he can hear the sounds of his family members. What happens when he starts hearing his family from his dream?

I had read and reviewed the story of Gilby before and I enjoyed it very much. With this in mind, I had high hopes of going into this one. I can say that the book did, in fact, live up to my expectations. Each of these three stories was unique and fun to read. The illustrations in the book were beautiful to look at, and I felt like they made the stories come alive.

The stories are very short in length, which makes them perfect for young children to read. Even though the book is short, it’s packed full of valuable information. Children can take away some important lessons. For example, they get taught the importance of asking for help when needed, and the importance of friendship. With that being said, there was nothing that I disliked about the book.

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the points I mentioned above. I didn’t find any mistakes, so it is exceptionally edited. I think this book would be great as a bedtime story. I highly recommend this book to children between the ages of 6-11. If young children find this book difficult to read, then they will enjoy just flipping through the pages and viewing the illustrations.

3 Magic Dreams
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Israel10
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel10.html
Latest Review: Creating Wellbeing and Building Resilience in the Veterinary Profession by Sonja A. Olson, DVM

Post by Israel10 »

I am quite a great fan of Children's books and the lessons that they teach. Great review here.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I think children would be highly entertained by this book. Great review.
Joy Mwangi 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-mwangi-2.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Joy Mwangi 2 »

The fact that it is a three in one story is great and your review serves to give an overview of what to expect and also create suspense. Your review is great.
Queen akuma
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Queen akuma »

The book sounds thrilling and adventurous ..it will be educative and entertaining for the kids .. beautiful review
Rosemary Kalu

Post by Rosemary Kalu »

I'm a huge fan of children books because it's very simple and easy to understand, and it the lessons learnt from the book are really nice.... Great review you got here
Daniels1_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniels1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Daniels1_ »

Excellent review! I would love to know how the Time Machine Twins story ends due to the inclusion of dinosaurs.
Rebecca Gregory 1
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-gregory-1.html
Latest Review: He Goes Out Weeping by David A. Fiensy
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Rebecca Gregory 1 »

Thank you for the review! Although this is a children's book, it sounds very interesting. I might read it for myself!
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

I think The Time Machine Twins will be my favorite of the three stories. It sounds very exciting.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I usually do read children's books from time to time. From this review, this seems to be a preety good read and I would really love read it. The adventures described by the reviewer are positively mouth-watering and I'd like to get to read this book personally😊
ERIOT MUSINGUZI
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by ERIOT MUSINGUZI »

This review on Gilby reminds me of the Bible story of Jonah and the whale. The reviewer induces a sense of suspense in this review which can potentially lure any reader especially children to want to know what happens as the stories unfold. This review is very informative of the three stories in this book and yet contains no spoilers.
Voya Conwel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-voya-conwel.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Voya Conwel »

I love bedtime stories, but I have not read any for a while. With this great review, I will add that one into my bookshelf and read on.
Vivian Amponsah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Vivian Amponsah »

Is a nice story, I love children's book, always all the time, because of its illusions, funny and its basic lessons.
James Ndumia
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-ndumia.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by James Ndumia »

Children's books are quite fun to read...I normally try to capture the lessons behind the story while enjoying the fun in the story.
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Firstly, I'll like to commend the reviewer for such a wonderful review. Kids with wide and wild imaginations would enjoy this book; that I can say for a fact. Pretty sure after reading a time-travelling story, they shall also think of what they would do if they were able to time travel. I love the content of the book; it's an innovative book.

Return to “Children's Books”