Review of Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Michelle Menezes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is a children's novel that talks about the exploits of Inca, a cat, and her other animal friends. Inca decides to maintain a diary where she writes about her adventures and hopes to turn it into a best-selling novel someday.

When Boss, a Rottweiler, asks the group for help, they agree to accept his case. His owner, Ned, cannot find the property will his guardian had left him. Now he is forced to leave the only home he has ever known. Is the will lost, or has someone stolen it? Who would benefit from Ned's misfortunes? Will Inca and Company find the papers in time? Read the book to know the answers.

This is the third book I'm reading in the series, and by far, it's the best one. It can be read as a standalone, and the reader would not have any difficulty understanding the story due to the way it's written. The author introduced the important characters at the beginning of the book and explained the group dynamics.

Apart from the main mystery, there were also sub-plots that made the book interesting. The interactions between the characters were hilarious and entertaining. I enjoyed their banter, and it reminded me of my relationship with my sister and friends. One thought that specifically stood out for me was when Inca said their human mom thought she owned the animals, whereas it was the other way round. It made me wonder how our pets perceived us.

The book imparts a variety of lessons that would be helpful to kids. It talks about friendship, loyalty, teamwork, and redemption. I liked it when the team forgave a bully, which led to him having a change of heart. The language and writing style used in the book would help improve children's vocabulary; words like hobnobbed, smitten, lopsided, etc., would be new to some.

The only complaint I have is that the illustrations were black and white. I think kids would have been more attentive to the story if the pictures were colorful. I found some errors in the book, but they did not affect the flow of the story. Despite these two minor issues, I thought the book was perfect, so I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to kids between the ages of 6 and 12. Adults who enjoy children's books can also give it a try.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”