Review of Daddy Loves You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
justhereader
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justhereader.html
Latest Review: Geo by Topher Allen

Review of Daddy Loves You

Post by justhereader »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Daddy Loves You" by Kyle Wilson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daddy Loves You by Kyle Wilson is a book for children that explains why a lion might not be around for his little cub. A daddy lion might be on a business trip, working overtime, or serving the country, but he dearly loves and misses his cub.

I find this book really sweet. It’s a story about a father and a son and their wonderful connection regardless of distance. The lion in the book takes different forms. On one page, he’s a soldier, and on another, he’s a businessman. The book shows different circumstances that prevent these fathers from being with their children. The book also shows how these fathers love their children and how much they miss being with them.

The format of the book was the most interesting aspect of it. As you flip through the book, you see a short and simple narration on one page and a full-page illustration on the next. I liked it because it helped effectively deliver the sentiments of the story. The illustrations are excellent. The characters are full of life, and the colors look so vivid.

Overall, Daddy Loves You deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I don’t have anything negative to say about this book. It’s a heartwarming book about fatherly love. It reminds the reader that, even if your father isn’t physically with you, you'll always be in each other’s hearts. I did not find a single error, which led me to believe that the book has excellent editing.

The story tugs on the heartstrings, even if it’s just a short one. I heartily recommend it to young readers who adore books that have colorful drawings of animal characters. To be specific, if you are a father with the same circumstances as the lion in the story, your child might be able to understand you better with this wonderful book.

Daddy Loves You
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Geo by Topher Allen
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 9%

Post by VictoriousReader »

The book carries such a sweet message. It will appeal to many children.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Our Man on Mars by Keith Cornwell

Post by Walter R »

Indeed there is a great fatherly love from a father to his son... Great review.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Fatherly love and why fatherly love might not always be physically present to ensure it's continued expression...truly speaking the book will help children understand that every well meaning father must hustle to create an enabling environment that will enable them flourish which is the ultimate show of love that he can bring.....but that should not be an excuse to not be around at important times....I really enjoyed this review and it's very very relatable... thanks
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

I love the title of the book and the attribution of the qualities of a lion to a father. Thanks for the review
Ncebakazi Senene
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ncebakazi Senene »

Wow I love This book even for myself I grow up thinking my daddy didn't love me at all
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

The idea of the book is great. It's important for a father to have a considerable time with his kids. Unfortunately, this does not always happen and it's important to convey the message to the children that their father will always love them. Nice review.
Andani2020
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 12
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Andani2020 »

The lesson delivered in the book is astounding and well appreciated. I am a father, and I understand how giving time and affection to a child can brighten their day while also forming a great link. Great job on the review
Chijindu Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

The importance of a father to his/her child is very important in the proper growth of the child, this book is very interesting and also educative because it's teaches fathers about the importance their children love. Wonderful review from you.

Return to “Children's Books”