Review of The very angry toolbox

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of The very angry toolbox

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The very angry toolbox" by Mike j b.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There's a popular phrase that says attitude matters. Most people have been stuck in one place or have been having trouble getting what they want because of the kind of attitude they have. The Very Angry Toolbox by Mike J.B. is a children's book that shows how a positive and happy attitude can help you out in life.

Ryan Boulder worked for a contract company. He did several building projects and was very diligent. He had a son who was named Leroy. Leroy's eight-year birthday was coming up on Christmas Eve. Three weeks before Leroy's birthday, his grandfather, Grandad Boulder had gifted him with his old special tools and asked him to take care of them. Leroy had accompanied his grandfather to the industrial mart. There, he encountered a very angry toolbox, among other colourful and happy toolboxes. Leroy had tried to convince the toolbox to change its attitude, but it wouldn't listen. His birthday came and he had finally saved enough money to get a new toolbox. When he went to the mart with his dad, he discovered that the only toolbox left was the very angry toolbox. Grab a copy of this book now to find out how Leroy deals with his dilemma.

I love this book. The story is fascinating and has many positive lessons for children. It teaches children how to be diligent, responsible, and considerate. It also teaches about the negative effects of being angry, and how they can accomplish a lot when they have a positive attitude. Teamwork is also an important lesson. It is portrayed by the tools working together happily. But, I think the most important lesson the book passes is giving others a chance. Many people can be set on the right path if someone can just ignore their past and give them a chance. This is portrayed by Leroy in the story.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. It is perfect for children. The book has a few characters and they were well-developed. The language used was simple and easy to understand. It was also structured properly. The book contained illustrations. The illustrations were done by Gemma Stanley. I love the illustrations. They were captivating. They made the book more compelling to read and the story more understandable.

The book was professionally and exceptionally edited. I didn't find any errors while reading it. The storyline was well-paced. I'm therefore rating The Very Angry Toolbox by Mike J.B. 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to children between the ages of five to thirteen.

The very angry toolbox
View: on Bookshelves
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

A positive and happy attitude really goes a long way in getting one ahead in life. Teaching children this at an early stage of life will set them up for success. Great review.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

This seems like a fascinating story for children. The lessons it contains are vital and it does seem to have an intriguing storyline. Thank you for the insightful review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This would be incredibly helpful for children. Learning this at an early age would help them. Great review
Reitumetse M 11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-m-11.html
Latest Review: The Intense Reality of Eternity by John Carpenter

Post by Reitumetse M 11 »

Oh my goodness! Right when I was getting into it, you left me hanging. Great intro. Now, as a grown person, I want to read how things turn out with the angry toolbox.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

What a lovely review. Uncontrolled anger is a force that brings destruction. I am glad children can learn this lesson early in life via this book.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This looks like an interesting read especially for children. Nice review
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

This review is amazing by using personification on tools a child can relate in the children's world of fantasy. Children's play things in the contemporary society include tools that reflect the adult world and give children the chance to experiment hence it's an amazing read for all.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Looks like a fascinating book that teaches children good lessons too. It's really important for every one to know how to deal with anger.I liked the cover's illustrations as well. Great review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Mwaninga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mwaninga »

I love this book, i have already started reading it for my little princess. It teaches a lot about children especially when it come to attitude and behaviour. Thanks to the author.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

This book was very well written and I can't wait to read it to my son tonight. He is 4.5years now and in that stage of getting angry when things doesn't work out as he wants. I believe this book will help him a lot as his imagination is very active and he will see Leroy, the tools and toolbox as I read TO him. The illustrations will definitely help get the imagination right. It was a fun read and it definitely has a learning aspect to it.
Jato Sakala
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jato-sakala.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Jato Sakala »

Indeed attitude has played a part in employees at workplaces being stuck in one position for decades! Great book to learn lessons from.Good review.
Veky

Post by Veky »

It seems to me the book is teaching the exact opposite lessons: if you're angry, you'll reach your goals in life. ;(
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83707
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1128%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

The book of the day ( BOTD) a delightful story that is a must have for all children .. Leroy want a toolbox like his father.one day he visits industrial matand found an angry toolbox sitting alone he is intrigued by this toolbox and try to find out why he discover that the angry toolbox long to make friends and to be loved and to be filled with its own tools this is a perfect book to discuss feelings and emotion and the impact that our feelings have on others
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This is a delightful children's book with a very eye-catching book cover. It promotes a good message of the importance and value of a good attitude, and teamwork, as well as giving others an opportunity to do better.

Return to “Children's Books”