Review of Toni the Superhero

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Schrum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-schrum.html
Latest Review: Peanut Butter & Jelly Go Good Together by CARLOTTA LENOR Washington

Review of Toni the Superhero

Post by Emily Schrum »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base is a children’s book about Toni. Toni is a superhero, but in this picture book, we follow Toni throughout his day as he goes into a list of things he likes to do. It is not shown what Toni’s superpowers are, but he does run around in his superhero costume more often than not.

The work is beautifully illustrated, full of fun, vibrant colors that will attract young readers and help keep them interested. The text is very straightforward and easy to read, making it a good book for new readers. The repetitive phrasing has the ability to help young kids pick up the words faster than they would in other picture books of similar reading levels. Among the checklist of things Toni enjoys doing, he likes to do chores, showing youngsters that chores can be fun.

The only element I disliked about the book is that there is no actual plotline or a real story to follow. However, the lack of a narrative makes it easier for children to read and comprehend and is most likely a writing style choice from the author.

I give Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base 4 out of 4 stars. The author had the text professionally edited. There are no errors found in the work. The book is full of fantastic illustrations and uncomplicated vocabulary for new readers, allowing them to learn how to read.

I would recommend Toni the Superhero for parents of young children who are just starting to learn how to read. Educators of young kids would also find this book to be helpful. I also believe Toni the Superhero could be good for kids with learning impairments or even adults who have special needs. There are no warnings that apply to the work.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”