Review of Love, Grandma

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Review of Love, Grandma

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love Grandma by Ann Morris is a short and sweet children's book that tells us the story of a grandma and her two little girls, with whom she loved to play.

The book begins with the birth of Payton, grandma's first grandchild. She loved Payton with all her heart, and just after some time came Haley in their life. There was an unbreakable love between both the sisters, and grandma loved them both equally. They used to play games, bake cookies, draw on the driveway, and many more things. Learn all about it in this very wholesome book written by Ann Morris.

The thing that I really liked in this book is how sweet it is. At some points while reading it, I laughed to myself, and there was always a smile on my face. The book is in a rhyming pattern so that the flow of the reader is maintained throughout the book, and it makes it easy for little children to read and enjoy this book as well. There are colored pictures in the book that displayed the activities grandma did with her granddaughters, this can help children imagine the scenes talked about in the book, and it makes the book more interesting.

The language used in it is pretty simple and easy to understand. Children who are in elementary school will really enjoy it, and parents who want a book to read to their children can also pick this one. It will add love to both parents and children's life. There was no use of any kind of profane or vulgar language, as it's a children's book, and I didn't find any grammatical mistakes or typos in it. So I can say there is nothing that I did not like about this book.

At the end, I would like to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as it was really fun to read, and I wouldn't mind reading it to my little brother. I would recommend it to parents who want to teach their children about the love between grandparents and children. Kids who have started to read will also find this book pretty enjoyable.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

This was such a cute book. The author has shared her own fun experiences with her grandchildren in it. Her moments with Haley and Payton were heartwarming. Thanks for the great review.
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

Nice and compelling review. Would love to try it out!
Please check out my review <3
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed your review and the writing style of the author. I look forward to reading the book. Welldone!!!
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

This does seem like an adorable children's book. The cover art is quite cute so I image the other illustrations are as well

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”