Review of Love, Grandma

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of Love, Grandma

Post by Susan Gibbs »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma is a children’s picture book written in rhyme by Ann Morris. Although it is only 24 pages long, you will remember this book long after you finish reading it. It is about Grandma’s love for her two granddaughters and the special bond they share. Throughout the book, Grandma recalls all the fun activities that she and her granddaughters shared. These are good old-fashioned, creative activities like make-believe pony rides and baking cookies. To share in some of the other fun activities, I encourage you to read the book.

There are many positive aspects to this book. I loved the illustrations. They are beautiful and draw readers into the story. I enjoyed the rhyming text. The book flows well. There is a good balance between pictures and text to keep children engaged. I loved all the activities that the author depicted. It was refreshing that none relied on modern technology. All the activities which the girls shared with Grandma relied on using their imaginations and creativity. There are touches of humour in the book. The children try on Grandma’s clothes. Poor Grandma sometimes got worn out from all the make-believe pony rides and the backbend which resulted in her landing on her head. Grandma also had her nails painted in different colours and her hair brushed and decorated with too many hair clips.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. There are no suggestions I can make for improvements. The only comment I can make is that I wish the book was longer so there was more to enjoy.

I did not notice any errors in the book. I am happy to rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this heart-warming book to those who remember spending time with their Grandma when they were young. I also recommend it to Grandmas who want to bond with their grandchildren. This book will make you smile. It will also give grandparents some ideas about activities they can try with their grandchildren.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”