Review of Loving Lulu

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Loving Lulu

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loving Lulu" by Awilda Prignano.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many children have a special bond with their grandparents. It is a real treasure to have grandparents because their love for their grandchildren is immeasurable, and their wisdom gained through numerous life experiences is immense. Loving Lulu by Awilda Rivera Prignano is a book in which the author writes about her grandmother, with whom she spent a lot of time in her childhood.

Lulu spent most of her childhood in the company of her grandmother. Her Abuelita taught her many things. She also taught her Spanish since she is originally from Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, everything started to change when Abuelita began to forget things. She now lives in a home with other grandparents who need help with care and daily activities. Lulu visits her whenever she can, and every time she comes to see her, she does activities with her Abuelita that would remind her of Lulu and the days they spent together.

Loving Lulu is a truly touching story about a girl’s relationship with her grandmother, who practically raised her. I like the way the author sends a message about the importance of maintaining a healthy relationship with loved ones. We never know what life brings, and that’s why we have to seize every moment. Also, I like that the book is interactive. At the end of the story, there are coloring pages and some questions to the reader related to the book's content. In this way, children and adult readers can reconsider their relationship with their loved ones. Also, the illustrations in the book are engaging and give a unique flair to the whole story.

There is nothing in the book that I do not like. Also, I did not encounter any errors in the book, and it seems to be exceptionally well edited.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is instructive, touching, and entertaining, mainly because of its interactive part. I like every aspect of this book, and I have no reason to give it a lower rating. The ideal readers for this book would be people who have or have had a special relationship with their grandparents.

Loving Lulu
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Melissa Hurrilal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Melissa Hurrilal »

The book is a very touching story about a grandma and her granddaughter and the love they share for each other the book teaches you a lot how love from grandparents and what a big role they play in our lives I give the book a 4 out of 4 stars
Katarina Radovcic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katarina-radovcic.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Katarina Radovcic »

My grandma decided recently that it would be best for her to go to retirement home and although the whole family supports her decision, I'm also sad because I'll miss going to her house to visit. I'll miss our walks in the forest and her wonderful stories. I'll miss growing up with her. I feel like this book really captures those feelings nicely.
Thank you for your review :)
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Sounds like an interesting plot, with beautiful illustration and wonderful message. Thank you for the review
Midun99
Currently Reading: Legacy of the Fae
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-midun99.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Midun99 »

Lulu must have had a very hard time adjusting to the changes and not being able to visit her Abuelita as often as she could and especially with her Abuelita starting to forget things. The bond she shared with her Grandmother was really touching. This story shows just how important familial love and relationships are to children. Loving Lulu is a very emotional, educative and lovely book.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

This is an interesting and touching story. So happy to read it.
Fransisca Ekezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fransisca-ekezie.html
Latest Review: Surviving Chaos by Harold Phifer

Post by Fransisca Ekezie »

The book emphasize on the love shared between grandparents and Grandchildren, from the review I can say I'm intrigued by the message hidden in the story, nice review.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

Relationships are not quite easy to build. I love the relationship that existed between Lulu and her grandmother. Good review.
Blessings Masuku
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Blessings Masuku »

This is an interesting book as it highlights n shows us to treasure our loved ones irregardless of the situation they may be in.
Last edited by Blessings Masuku on 15 Jan 2022, 10:52, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Children's Books”