Review of The Fairies and Gnomes Spring Fair

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of The Fairies and Gnomes Spring Fair

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Fairies and Gnomes Spring Fair" by Margaret THEW.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Fairies and Gnomes' Spring Fair, Margaret Thew wrote an interesting children's book that told the story of a fair organised by a group of fairies and gnomes. The fair is primarily for the purpose of raising funds for a humanitarian project. One of the fairies, Blondie, came up with the idea and communicated it to the other fairies. She went ahead to form a strong alliance with Bob, who seemed to be the leader of the gnomes, on the project.

The alliance between the fairies and the gnomes started on a good note. Both parties worked tirelessly to see to the success of the fair. The fair was to hold at the village green, and different animals were to come and make purchases on that day. Both parties were enthusiastically committed to the course and gave their all to see to the success of the project. What exactly is this project? Was the fair as successful as they envisaged it to be? Find out by reading through the pages of this brilliant story.

There are a lot of positives to this book. Firstly, I love that the author used words suitable for the level of understanding of the people the book is meant for. Children will not have a hard time understanding this story because the diction is very simple. Also, I love that the story passed the message of having great team spirit excellently. Children will learn corporation from the hitch-free working experience the fairies and gnomes had. They understood the importance of a strong alliance and used it to their advantage. Also, I admired Blondie's organizational skills. She had the idea of the fair and knew the appropriate human resources to engage. She communicated the idea in the best way possible and beautifully organised the execution of the plan.

I wasn't displeased by any part of the book. There was nothing to dislike. It was concise and straight to the point so as not to lose the attention of the intended audience by including unnecessary lengthy details.

The book was exceptionally well edited. I found no spelling or grammatical errors in it. Owing to that fact, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't deduct a single star because the book was a brilliant one and is perfectly suited for children.

I recommend the book to children below the age of eight. They will learn a lot of invaluable lessons from its pages.

The Fairies and Gnomes Spring Fair
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This looks like a really fun book filled with some well written plot twists for children. Thanks for the review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

This story is really a fit for children. And it's a good thing that the language is easy to understand by children, who are the target readers
Signature of Grace.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Seems like a relaxing and enlightening read for kids.....very nice review
photosynthesis19
Currently Reading: A Room of One's Own
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photosynthesis19.html
Latest Review: The Middle Reaches (Episodes 1-8) by L. Andrew Cooper

Post by photosynthesis19 »

This sounds like such an adorable story. I love that the book teaches children the importance of teamwork and overcoming differences ( between gnomes and fairies). The book cover art looks lovely too. Thanks for the nice review!
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I believe that language competence as far as children's books are concerned aids in delivering the author's message and reaching to the intended audience.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I am used to liking a book where there is a fairy in it because I am always found it interesting. I might read this one as well.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

A fair organized by fairies and gnomes sounds delightful. It sounds like the book brings the theme down to earth by introducing the humanitarian project, teaching children to think of and help their fellow humans.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

The book has lessons that can be beneficial to anyone reads it. I would love to read the book and know how the story ended. Good review.

Return to “Children's Books”