Review of Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car" by Ben Farber.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Alpaca in the Back’a my Car! by Ben Farber, the narrator encountered an alpaca who asked him for a ride downtown to pick a gift for his bride. The alpaca had a mysterious mission, and their journey downtown turned into an adventure.

There were many rhyming texts that would bounce off the tongues of children reading this book, especially in that playful manner that children often like. Farber used rhetoric questions effectively to make salient points, and this added more flavor to the story.

The whole book was just a playful burst of color. I loved how the alpaca characters came to life with colors. Every alpaca had a unique, colorful combination, and being that children are visual readers, this would appeal to them. The alpacas had different personalities. The narrator said Neptune, one of the alpacas, ‘knew his way all over the place.’

The writer used the story in the book to bring out some lessons that are important for children to learn. The first was that no one should be mandated to behave in a certain way because of society’s labels. The message was that one could be anything they want and should not be limited to specific behavioral boxes. This book also highlighted the importance of helping others in need even when discomforted — a fantastic lesson to be learned by children.

This book is a book of adventure, and the reader would be able to follow the journey, as it was beautifully illustrated. It was an adventure on paper; readers would enjoy the book, and something new would be learned about alpacas.

It was beautiful to see how the illustrations meshed with the text. Furthermore, the illustrations seemed to tell their unique story. The book was brief enough for the writer to pass the needed message promptly before children’s attention flight would kick in. Everything about this book is terrific; I neither have an issue with the writing nor the editing, as the editor(s) did an exceptional work.

This book would make an effective teaching tool for teachers and parents and a good bedtime story. Therefore, it is recommended to teachers, parents, and their children. I rate Alpaca in the Back’a my Car! four out of four stars.

Alpaca In The Backa’ My Car
View: on Bookshelves
Katarina Radovcic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katarina-radovcic.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Katarina Radovcic »

I'm neither teacher, parent or a child, but this book sounds amazing! The title itself - brilliant! Wonderful review :)
emmas1010
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by emmas1010 »

Can this be converted to reality and televised. Awesome!
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Wonder what adventure he had with the Alpaca on this journey. Great review here.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

This looks like an interesting book. The title made me click on it as I thought it was funny and now I think the whole book will be real fun. Thanks for the review.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

Children loves adventure. This is a book that talks about that. Thanks for the review.
Timothee22
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

Children loves adventure. This is a book that talks about that. Thanks for the review
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

I loved the second lessons you mentioned. Children should really be taught how to live above average and there's no limit to what they can be. Excellent review.
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Zainab Wasif »

Beautiful book which imparts important lessons which would help kids not to be affected by negative behaviours of people and teaching them to be helpful. The illustrations are attractive and children are particularly fond of stories that rhyme. Interesting story and a must read for kids 👍🏻
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Awesome review! Thank you so much!

Today's BOTD is a children's book that teaches life lessons and focuses on adventure. Kids will not only love the bright, exciting illustrations, but they will also enjoy meeting and learning about alpacas. This sounds like a great book for both home and classroom libraries. Thank you again!! :-)
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

The book sounds fun, colorful, and very enjoyable to read, and so is your review!(:
Abu_Aisha1
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

Apart from the colourful illustrations that I liked, the lessons taught by the author are invaluable. Indeed, our society should not restrain us from being what we wish to be. Congrats on being the #BOTD!
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

A key attribute that should be recognized in children books are the visuals and colors and this book provides that. It’s also commendable that that there are subtle lessons taught in the book.
Gabriela Contreras
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriela Contreras »

This sounds like a really adorable and entertaining children's book. Helping an alpaca created an adventure for the narrator!

Return to “Children's Books”