Review of Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Review of Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee

Post by Namaste23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee" by David Casentini.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee, by David Casentini, is an inspiring children's book. It centers on a young girl, Molly, whose encouraging and loving parents have taught her that she is unique and loved unconditionally. She then, in turn, supports her new horse, Sir Wallace McGee, to follow his dreams. This book teaches children to have confidence in themselves and that everyone is extraordinary in one way or another.

The aspects I liked the most about this book were its positive message and that Molly was so empathetic. I don't think kids can be loved or encouraged too much. I also think every child deserves to feel special. This book reiterates these things throughout the story. It also demonstrates that kids can inspire other people or, in this story, animals. Molly's parents lead by example by showing her empathy and teaching her to have it for others. I also liked that this book rhymed and had a great flow.

There weren't any aspects of this book I disliked. It was edited and flowed well. It was easy to read, which is crucial for a children's book. Its positive message is inspirational for kids, so I don't have anything negative to express about the book.

The audience for this book is children. Children especially need to internalize their self-worth. They don't need to be comparing themselves to peers or any other people. They need to know that it is okay and perfectly correct for them to be who they are. This book communicates that to younger kids, but I think older kids and even adults need to remember that they are loved and aspire to achieve their dreams.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is well-edited as I wasn't able to find any errors. There isn't any profanity or sexual material included in this story. I couldn't find anything unfavorable to mention about this book. As someone who enjoys horses, love, and empathy, I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”