Review of Charlotte's snowman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of Charlotte's snowman

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Charlotte's snowman" by Lainey Dee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is a cold winter, and it has been snowing all night. Morning comes, and the snowfall persists, leaving thick deposits of snow in the front garden. Nevertheless, on waking up, Charlotte is excited by this outcome, as the opportunity to make the perfect snowman has presented itself. In Charlotte's Snowman by Lainey Dee, we join Charlotte while she embarks on this difficult but fun task of making a snowman. She will have to give up a lot of her time, effort, and even possessions to not only make the perfect snowman but also to satisfy his needs. With winter coming to an end at some point, what will become of Charlotte's beloved snowman?

As mentioned previously, this children's book explores the old tradition that is creating snowmen, which has been bringing joy to hearts and smiles to faces for centuries during cold winters. It also brings to mind one of my favorite celebrations every year: Christmas. In addition, Lainey Dee infuses an element of fantasy into the story in the form of a talking snowman who has feelings and needs, which children will find fascinating while it injects life and more fun into this entertaining tradition.

The author also employs a thoughtful and considerate main character in Charlotte that children will find easy to relate with, and I loved her bright personality. While the story does not necessarily pass any moral lesson, it was a nice touch to give children hope after the snow stops falling and they have to wait for months before they can engage in making snowmen again.

Furthermore, I thoroughly enjoyed the author's employment of illustrations to bring life to the story. These illustrations depict all aspects of the story, from the main character and the snow to the other items used in making the snowman. The bright colors used are also eye-catching.

Overall, Charlotte's Snowman was an enjoyable read. The book is also professionally edited, as I found just one minor error while reading. I cannot think of anything I dislike about the book; therefore, I rate Charlotte's Snowman four out of four stars. Children between the ages of three and eight will enjoy this book.

Charlotte's snowman
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

An interesting plot here. Would definitely love to get my hands on this book. Great review.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

The plot itself sounds very bright and hopeful bringing back memories of Christmas. A well-written review.
Generali Kidiga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-generali-kidiga.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Generali Kidiga »

Firstly am in love with the way the plot is wonderfully described by this reviewer. I will have to read the book.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

This sounds like an enjoyable and sweet read. I would like this once I can build a snowman as well. Thank you for your review!
Amaka Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaka-ike.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Amaka Ike »

What a fun read, enjoying how Charlotte built the snowman. I'm sure kids would really really enjoy this book. Good review.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

This sounds like a charming story. The fact that the snowman comes to life will help develop children's imaginations.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

This is a fantastic book for expanding our Little One's vocabulary. The plot appears to be intriguing. I'll be adding this book to my children's library. Great review
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

This is a good recommendable book for children. It would also hp their vocabulary. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Children's Books”