Review of Doctor Goblins!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of Doctor Goblins!

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doctor Goblins!" by Jack Webb.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Perfection is something that most people would argue can't be achieved, that's why most situations and processes always have a margin of error. But, sometimes you come across something and you conclude that it is the absolute definition of perfection. Doctor Goblins! by Jack Webb is a book that interweaves the story of fantasy creatures, objects, animals, and humans into one perfect storyline.

Principal Doctor Goblin Locum lived in the far reaches of Tanglewood Deep, where he offered medicinal and healing services to many travelling animals. He loved his job and hated to see any creature suffer. His neighbor, Ten Ends, also a Goblin was fond of getting himself into trouble and mischief. One particular journey to the village of Wicksham Parva got Ten Ends into what could arguably be the most troubling situation he had ever been in life. He had to flee Tanglewood and journeyed to several parts of the world where he encountered different animals. He also stumbled on a piece of Locum's past as he journeyed through the world. Grab a copy of this book to find out what story lies behind the success of Principal Doctor Locum.

Perfection is what I thought when I was halfway through this book. The storyline was crafted perfectly. The way the author made connections between talking objects, Goblins, and talking animals, was so good that it felt so real. The story was hilarious and contained many positive themes children could learn. Some of these themes include honesty, selflessness, friendship, etc. The scenes were well-developed. The descriptions were perfect to create a real-life setting and the language used was simple. The book was also structured properly. It was arranged into 11 chapters and 142 pages. The author also applied a change in colour and font to differentiate between the present story and the story of the past.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. It was full of humor and was also intriguing. The book had major and minor characters that were well-developed and their roles were clearly expressed. The book was also able to clearly portray the emotions of the characters. It also had the elements of surprise and suspense. Principal Doctor Goblin Locum is a character that I liked so much. He had the exceptional qualities of a true leader.

The book was professionally edited as I only encountered two errors. These errors didn't hinder reading comprehension. The author's writing style was engaging. The illustrations made by Gary Stocker were also wonderful and made the story more captivating. I'm therefore rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to children of 8 years and above.

Doctor Goblins!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pooja Shree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Pooja Shree »

After I finshed reading this review I searched for this book and also recommend my friend :techie-studyinggray: , actually before reading this review I was not interested in goblin and such thing, but I found this review interesting . Thank you very much for this info of this book :tiphat:
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

The idea of a doctor goblin is quite unique. The goblins I've encountered in the stories I've read so far have been mischievous and up to no good. Doctor Goblin seems kind and his neighbour seems to be the one who conforms to the stereotype I mentioned. I'm sure children will want to hear what happens in this imaginative story.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Children's Books”