Review of Pearl The Raindrop

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Pearl The Raindrop

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pearl The Raindrop" by Rana Boulos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The hydrological cycle is a constant circulation, renewal, and apparent loss of water on earth. This phenomenon is present in everyday life without us even being aware of it. Pearl the Raindrop: The Great Water Cycle Journey by Rana Boulos is a book that explains the hydrological cycle in a very simple and fun way from the perspective of Pearl, a personified drop of water.

The book begins with an introduction in which the hydrological cycle is expertly described. This cycle is shown in the following pages in the form of a children’s story from the perspective of a water drop, Pearl. Each page of the book describes a particular part of this cycle. In addition, the whole book is illustrated, and the reader can follow the entire process visually from beginning to end.

First of all, I like the concept of this book. The author has managed to explain the hydrological cycle in a very simple but original way. I like that the cycle is divided into individual segments where each is described separately and in detail. In addition, each illustration shows the corresponding part of the cycle very well. Also, I relish the personification of the characters in the story, and those are primarily two drops, Pearl and Dewey. It gives a special charm to the story and makes it even more interesting to the children.

The only complaint I have about this book relates to the somewhat unoriginal illustrations. They seem too simple and inauthentic to me. Other than that, I enjoyed the book and have nothing else negative to say about it. In addition, I did not notice any grammatical errors in the book, so it seems exceptionally well edited.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Although the book lacks creativity in the pictorial segment, it did not affect my overall reading satisfaction. I would recommend it primarily to elementary school teachers who teach science. I also think the book would be useful to all children who show an interest in the scientific field.

Pearl The Raindrop
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

A book on hydrology will interest all scientifically inclined readers. Great review.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Lovely educational read for kids and a cute one for adults who want something charming. Thank you for your review!
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

For my little ones, this is a fantastic read. The plot appears to be interesting, thrilling, and educational. Great review

Return to “Children's Books”