Review of Noah's Quest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Noah's Quest

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Noah's Quest" by Sev Emanuel Pretila.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In a world filled with magic, everything exists in perfect harmony. There is peace, and the kingdoms are flourishing. However, the Dwarf Kingdom is becoming a threat. The Dwarf King, together with his wife, has a plan to ensure only the royals possess magic. Failure to stop this nefarious plan may lead to the decimation of both flora and fauna. Further, the residents of neighboring villages and kingdoms will not be spared. The Staff of Wisdom has selected Noah, an apprentice of the chief of Antalus, to face and defeat the evil king.

Will Noah’s parents allow their son to combat the evil king and his forces? What does Noah require for this mission? Will he pass all the tests? Can he trust anyone?

Noah’s Quest is about an ordinary child doing extraordinary things. Noah’s curiosity consistently scores the winning goal, triumphing the desire to merely sit and wait. However, like in every child, doubting accompanies every rash decision. Why did I do it? What will happen to me now?

One of the fascinating aspects about the book is children can learn several virtues while experiencing adventures of a lifetime in a fantasy world. They interact with magical creatures such as flying unicorns, dragons, and Pegasus. What is more effective than letting the imagination of children run wild while inculcating lessons? On top of all this, the descriptions were so vivid that one’s senses are immediately captured.

What I liked most about the book is that it seeks to teach children critical values. The virtues are not only to be learned, but also practiced and cultivated from a young age. Noah exemplifies each one of them. From demonstrating compassion to empathy, he shows that helping others results in great satisfaction in life. Additionally, I am glad the book sufficiently recognizes and appreciates the role of parents in their children’s lives.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. The illustrations were vibrant and delightful. I discovered a few errors, but they did not detract from the overall enjoyment of the book. As a result, I heartily rate it four out of four stars. The book is best suited for children aged eight to twelve years.

Noah's Quest
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Post by Hhannahh »

I thought this was a Christian book because of its title 😅. Now that I know it is a fantasy, I like it nonetheless. The plot is interesting, and it seems to contain several values. I also like the cover of this book.
Lovely review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This fantasy is captivating. I can't wait to read how Noah will defeat the evil dwarf king and his forces, that is if his mother eventually allows him to face his destiny.
Gabriella Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-smith.html
Latest Review: Uncommon Poems Common People by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser)

Post by Gabriella Smith »

Seems like this book has some great lessons, thanks for the review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

There are values to be learnt from the book as stated in the review. I like Noah's character. Good review.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Nothing beats learning while getting entertained. This book offers that. Great review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I would want to know how Noah defeated the dwarf king, my junior ones would love to read this book, beautiful review.
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Congratulations for posting such vivid review of this book. I love the main character, Noah, as described in this Official Book Review and I completely agree with the 4 out of 4 rating! I will not be surprised if this will be awarded BOOK OF THE YEAR🤩👌
Godstime1994
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Godstime1994 »

At first i wasn't happy reading but somehow got interested in this topic it impressive how Noah killed the dwarf king for me this book should be voted book of the year
Ayomide Solomon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ayomide Solomon »

Can't wait to see how Noah would defeat the dwarf king, just can't wait.
A nice illustration cover and a wonderful review.

Return to “Children's Books”