Review of Kihei's Odyssey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Re: Review of Kihei's Odyssey

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Ruchi Raina wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 04:14 This book seems way too cute to resist. I would love to read about Kihei and Lola's adventures. That Colonel Tom better take Lola in or I'll come after him! Thanks for the beautiful review.
Haha, I like your enthusiasm and appreciate the shared puppy love! This was a cute story indeed and so full of canine adventures. I hope many get the chance to enjoy it! 🐕
AvidBibliophile

Ellylion wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 05:46 I love books about adventurous journeys with animal characters! :) But really sorry about the editing issues. Thank you for a great review!
I am with you on that! Adventurous animal journeys are always so heartwarming and inspirational. I hope this one can undergo another quick revision because it definitely deserves to be read by many! Thank you. 💙
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

It must have been hard for that dog! I get emotional when something like this happens to animals. I think I might like this book. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

When I read the book's title, I didn't expect that it is a children's book. I love dogs and Kihei is just too adorable. I would love to read his adventures. Thanks for a lovely review!
AvidBibliophile

Honest-reviewer wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 00:35 It must have been hard for that dog! I get emotional when something like this happens to animals. I think I might like this book. Thanks for your wonderful review!
For a pampered house pet, a sudden outdoor journey definitely presented a wide range of challenging obstacles, but the author still managed to keep the story fun throughout! Thank you for the super sweet comment! 🐶
AvidBibliophile

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 01:18 When I read the book's title, I didn't expect that it is a children's book. I love dogs and Kihei is just too adorable. I would love to read his adventures. Thanks for a lovely review!
Kihei is an adorable canine character indeed! And yes, the book title and cover don’t immediately suggest that this is a children’s tale, so perhaps that makes it even more appealing to a wider range of reader ages. Thank you for stopping by! 🐩
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

Kihei’s Odyssey by Gary Stephens sounds like an interesting and a well-crafted adventurous story. Thank you for your review. It really gave a glimpse of what the book entails.
AvidBibliophile

addicted reader wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 11:42 Kihei’s Odyssey by Gary Stephens sounds like an interesting and a well-crafted adventurous story. Thank you for your review. It really gave a glimpse of what the book entails.
Greatly appreciate your feedback! It was a good one. 🐕
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

Although the story is interesting, the cover art seems too bland and lacking lustre to attract the target audience i.e.8-12 year-olds and the title can also benefit from another creative thinking round. Thanks for an amazing review :)
AvidBibliophile

Reader-247 wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 22:22 Although the story is interesting, the cover art seems too bland and lacking lustre to attract the target audience i.e.8-12 year-olds and the title can also benefit from another creative thinking round. Thanks for an amazing review :)
Thank you for sharing your initial impressions and suggestions for this author! I know what you mean about the cover art and title seeming targeted to an older reader age range, but perhaps that’s why I found the antics so entertaining because I didn’t expect them! Haha, regardless, I appreciate you stopping by. 🐾
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

These two :dog: took quite the scenic route to Laguna Beach, but what an exciting journey! A 79-page read is a respectable length for the target audience, and it sounds entertaining and educational. I may add this one to my list for students I tutor after another round of editing. Thank you for your recommendation!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
AvidBibliophile

MsH2k wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 01:45 These two :dog: took quite the scenic route to Laguna Beach, but what an exciting journey! A 79-page read is a respectable length for the target audience, and it sounds entertaining and educational. I may add this one to my list for students I tutor after another round of editing. Thank you for your recommendation!
An incredibly scenic travel route (I think they’ve been to more places in America than I personally have)! 😄 I could definitely picture each pup getting into all sorts of mischief along the way, so I think this story would definitely entertain young readers. Thank you for the kind words, sweet friend! 🐕
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

Will Kihei be able to go back home? I'm so excited to find out more about Kihei. Thanks for a wonderful and great review!
AvidBibliophile

Unosthetic wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 20:03 Will Kihei be able to go back home? I'm so excited to find out more about Kihei. Thanks for a wonderful and great review!
Kihei was a cute one for sure! I hope many other readers get the chance to enjoy this animal tale sometime. Thank you for the sweet words of support! 🦮
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

This really seems like a interesting book with fascinating plot. I really like Kihei, she is so cute. I am really curious to know how she avoids all the dangers like avoiding animal hunters. Thank you for your wonderful review.🌻🌼

Return to “Children's Books”