Review of Aleisha's angel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Review of Aleisha's angel

Post by Amanda Dobson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Aleisha's angel" by Monique Lacasse.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Aleisha’s Angel is a children’s book about a young child who finds herself in need of an angel’s help. Aleisha is an energetic little girl who wants to play outside in the snow. Her mother’s warning of staying close to home is soon forgotten when she follows a cat away from her home. There Aleisha finds herself in trouble with no one around to help her. As she starts to panic in fear, that is when her angel Shalgiel appears, giving her love and care until her family finds her. Aleisha’s Angel is about a lovely story of a little girl learning that she is never alone because there is always an Angel close by even if you cannot see them.

Aleisha’s Angel is a sweet children’s book. When I read the dedication and realized that Monique Lacasse wrote it for her granddaughter, it hit a soft spot in my heart. To see that this book will forever show a grandmother’s love to her grandchild is a deeper level of love due to the character in the story bearing her granddaughter’s name. Monique Lacasse also had her granddaughter’s photo on the dedication page, so the reader was drawn to the dedication. The idea that someone is always watching over you had a calming effect on the story. The idea that no matter what, a child’s curiosity can lead them into trouble but is still watched over allows for that child to learn, grow and make decisions that are right for them. I liked how this book portrayed the innocent wonder of a child.

For a children’s book, I found that it is designed for older children between the ages of 8-10 years due to the limited pictures. For a younger child listening to the story, I feel it wouldn’t hold their interest the same as there isn’t much visually for a child to focus their attention on. The pictures are very simplistic but fit in with the idea of the book, keeping the eyes focused on Aleisha as she is the only character with the most significant detail. A few errors did stand out, causing minor disruptions to the flow of the book.

I would rate this book a 3 out of 4. This rating is due to the few errors found while reading and the limited pictures in the book. The overall book was well done in theme, creating a reason for an Angel to visit and give love and support without adding religion to the story. The story itself is a good children’s book for all children.

I would recommend this book to children who can read simple books on their own. Around the age of 8-10 years old. Younger children may enjoy it as well but may become distracted by the limited pictures in the book. Aleisha’s Angel by Monique Lacasse is a sweet book giving children a sense that they are constantly being watched and protected.

Aleisha's angel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

It's heartwarming when a grandmother dote on her grandchild. Sounds like an exciting story that kids will enjoy reading. Thanks for the great review.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

Muna Chizzy wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 01:52 It's heartwarming when a grandmother dote on her grandchild. Sounds like an exciting story that kids will enjoy reading. Thanks for the great review.
Thank you. These books really do touch the heart and also bring the various generations together.

Return to “Children's Books”